BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Re-spraying My 1984 K100RS Empty Re-spraying My 1984 K100RS Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Paul

Hi
I'm planning on re-spraying my bike, Whilst I've done a bit of spraying in the past but way out of practice. I have a gun and compressor
and am looking now at buying the paint which I believe to be Madison Metallic silver 127/605. Does Any one out there have an idea how much
I'll need to buy and can recommend a good supplier. Do you agree that it'll require primer, base and clear coats.
Would appreciate any advice

2Back to top Go down   Re-spraying My 1984 K100RS Empty Re: Re-spraying My 1984 K100RS Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I had both K bikes repainted with primer/base coat/ clear coat.
I think 1 liter of paint (or 2 pints) was used on each bike. (at the time the cost was $160 a liter).
For the primer and the clear coat, it depend how many coats you want (or have) to put on.
My bikes had 3 coats of clear coat and they are shinny!
I cannot tell you about the quantity of clear coat and primer used as my painter buys it by the gallon.
To give you an idea, the total cost of the supplies per bike (including sand paper) was around $450 (CDN) or 250 British Pounds. The paint is made by Dupont and according to my painter, this is the best product that you can get.

Bert

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum