BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Billy no mates Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

JOINYMAN

JOINYMAN
Silver member
Silver member
Hi ,admittedly I aint bin on this site very long , but it seems our southern hemisphere and our irish mates get together now and again .
Are there any meetings in the midlands at all or have they been abandoned cos of the bad weather or has there ever been any ever?

2Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Life time member
Life time member
I think sidecar Paul and someone down south managed a get together at some point last year. You guys should organise one - they're good therapy!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

3Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Why don't you see if you can organise a get together yourself, joinyman. I'm sure you could get a few others for a meet up.
Being a newbie doesn't disqualify you from taking the initiative. Its well worth the effort for the craic.
Wouldn't worry about the weather, the snow will be gone soon, honest. Last Saturday I went from -1C with freezing fog to sunny 10C and back to 0C with hail and sleet on the way home. Wouldn't have missed it. Great day out.

1986 K100 Silver(gone)
2012 K1600GT(gone)
1984 K100RT Madison Silver(gone)
1989 K100LT Stratus Grey(gone)
1984 K100 Red(gone)
http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

4Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Comberjohn wrote:Why don't you see if you can organise a get together yourself, joinyman. I'm sure you could get a few others for a meet up.
Being a newbie doesn't disqualify you from taking the initiative.

+1 CJ

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

5Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:28 am

K100LT Notts

K100LT Notts
Silver member
Silver member
If you plan to ride in the Derbyshire Dales let me know. The hills near you in Wales are a bit far from Nottingham for a casual day.

6Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
haven't you guys in UK got those terrific motorways to get places quickly or do they just work like the ones in Oz and move a giant size traffic jam from one end of the country to the other.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:06 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Joinyman

Welcome to the site. We all start somwhere and in my case I had an electrical problem this time last year. I got great assistance on the forum here from all over, Ireland, Uk, US and our Australian friends and more. At one point 88KE offered me a loan of his ECU to check if that was my problem. I figured anyway by the time the postage and inconveneince was sorted it would be easier to get one from Motorworks which I did, problem solved too.

The nice part came after getting the bike sorted, a suggestion that we meet up for a run at some nice place. This was rapidly made into a suggestion that any of our Irish K owners would come. Anyway we got a significant number, a fantastic August sunny day, a scenic route plotted by 88KE, a great lunch and the beginning of what has now become a more regular thing. You can see the fun that we have. As for distances, I am in the extreme south and that particular day I think was in the region of 400 miles all in. Comberjohn and myself are 250 miles apart, but we had a meeting point that was 110 miles for me and 140 miles for him and only 6 miles off the main motorway so accessible to all.

A trip up north in September, organised by Comberjohn brought us a specatcular run and my total was 880 miles and 2 days camping in Tollymore Forest Park [Johns recommendation too] which I recommend to anyone. I missed last weekends run due to being off road but would have been in the order of 500 miles. Comberjohn has shown himself to be quite adept at organising suitable sunshine and is an excellent historian too...

Worcestershire has some fabulous roads and you are not far from anywhere nice either, for day trips or camping or longer trips. Most of us have family and other commitments and limited budgets/time but there is something for everyone.

If you know some nice roads try putting up a thread with your thoughts. You will get comments and the idea will generally develop into something. A nice coffee/breakfast place, a run of maybe 100 miles [less or more doesnt matter] broken somewhere nice for a lunch, place to park outside, then the remainder, a place for coffee and home. We Irish Eccentrics even managed to meet up on 29th December, weather was nice for the run, but all we did was enjoy the run to where we met, a good 2 hour breakfast and banter and then home.

We seem to manage to meet up often enough. You are also not so far from ferryports to Ireland and always welcome over here too. I am sure some of us will be over your way before long...

It only takes two for a nice run and I had one of those in October, sgmayhew and myself enjoyed some nice miles on a balmy day, a leisurely coffee and an historic garden tour and a nice leisurely lunch.

A year ago we guys hardly knew each other and had never met. Now, its like old times.

We have not met our Australian buddies but its like they are in the next lane doing their thing and just shout 'hi' across the divide'. One of their number, Col, had a very serious off a few months back and some of the local members have been looking out for him, checking up and visiting him, bringing sustenance [Oxford dictionary: sustenance aka Fosters [Aus] Heineken [Eur] Guinness [Ire] Newcastle Brown [UK]. That is how good things get. I have had the same experience here since being off 3 weeks ago.

92KK

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 49,200 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 63,390 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

8Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Great post 92k captured the experience perfectly . the Col episode had us all sending positive energy ,from all over the world , how effective would that be to his recovery ? Some Aussie guys started meeting then the Irish guys , I take me hat off to you lads , we have year round ,winter is tough here too ,extra layers etc but you're out there in the minuses !

On topic , post up your ride details and see who turns up ! Don't matter how new you are, you could be the one to break the ice and get the Poms to actually .... dare i say it, meet ! Your weather is improving , sidecar paul and mt explorer are the ones , challenge them ! and others , see who turns up .

9Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
92 and Ghost have summed it up just right.
As a newbie of 6 months, I have been enjoying the info and banter of this forum.It has enriched my experience with the K bike , the K community and the general populous. As much as we all enjoy our K bikes , we also have many varying experiences in life, this is what makes the forum more enjoyable.
So it was only just recently that I took the initiative and posted a ride thread, Wollombi to Wisemans , although the weather was not looking promising the day prior, all participants ( three of us in total) turned up and enjoyed the run,weather turned out great, a nice autumn day, and also enjoyed the fellowship of K ownership.
I also encouraged a workshop meeting in Klompys garage, needless to say I think I was the only one working, check the thread, the pics tell the whole story. Strike me down should I be lying, Billy no mates 76715
So , Joiny , give it a go , you won't be disappointed, worst to happen is a solo ride on your K, can only be all good.
and continue to enjoy the forum.
Ed.

Mrs Grover and I have friends in Tassie and hope to be down that way by next year, would certainly enjoy taking the K for a spin, and meet up with others on the way.( hint hint, any others interested.)

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Billy no mates 10_x_110

10Back to top Go down   Billy no mates Empty Re: Billy no mates Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:43 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Echo all the above mate.

The UK meets have struggled for numbers in my time on the forum (about a year) although that does not mean you should not try.

Another option would be to link up with your local meet of the BMW Club UK which might have some 'K' owners in it or just some appreciative fellow Bimmer owners?

Cheers
Dave

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum