BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New 1991 K100RS owner Empty New 1991 K100RS owner Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:08 am

Vannatta20

Vannatta20
Need to start a new thread to all the mods ill be doing to get this bike where I want it.
 I bough it about a month ago in Las Vegas. I found it in an craigslist ad for a great price.  It has a 900$ Ohlin rear shock installed and the bike is in great shape. I talked the owner down to 2500$ since it was running rough and missing on 1 cylinder.  My buddy is a motorcycle mechanic and checked it out and said nothing big was wrong.  I drove it back to his place and we tore into.  Turned out a rubber intake boot was created a huge vacuum leak causing thie miss. We RTV'd as a temp fix.  This fixed the major problem.  It ran a bit rich as well. Turned out the FPR was leaking fuel and going bad. Replaced that and it runs great!

Installed handle bar risers and had to make a new instrument panel to house the switches. I added a 12 volt socket to charge everything.  I made the panel out of plexi glass and carbon fiber vinyl.

New 1991 K100RS owner <a href=New 1991 K100RS owner 9807860036_436fe878c5_b" />

2Back to top Go down   New 1991 K100RS owner Empty Re: New 1991 K100RS owner Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:33 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Nice!  I like the innovative way you've mounted the front of tank bag. On my bike, the OEM bag has always been a bit of a PITA, as there is not enough space for the front hook to attach to the tank's lip.

3Back to top Go down   New 1991 K100RS owner Empty Re: New 1991 K100RS owner Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:21 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
brickrider wrote:Nice!  I like the innovative way you've mounted the front of tank bag. On my bike, the OEM bag has always been a bit of a PITA, as there is not enough space for the front hook to attach to the tank's lip.
It you hook it on to one side, you can then slide it to the centre.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum