BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty New member from S.E. Michigan Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm

birdhunter02

birdhunter02
Hello all. Just picked up a 1985 K100RT running but just barely. Love the bike and the look and the ride and the, well you get the picture. Had plenty of Japanese bikes, thought I'd try my luck with a BMW.
Love to meet up with any locals and looking for some good long rides next year.

Thanks, Mark

2Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome Birdhunter I'm sure you will be in love with that K very quickly they have that way on most new owners.
If you go to the Portal page here and have a read through the link to "So you just bought a BMW motorcycle- What now"  you get heaps of really good info for a first time owner of an older Beemer that will help you get better aquainted with the old girl.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:31 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool 
Hi Mark welcome to the forum these old K bikes have a habit of growing on you, lots of good info on this site.

BIG D

4Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 am

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Mark.
Too late to run away now.
You'll be hooked in no time.
No way out, only forward on the road to never ending happiness.

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

5Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 am

moose97

moose97
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome! Where in SE Michigan? I'm up in Traverse City and just got my k100rt from Lakeside Motorsports down in Mecosta about a month ago...

6Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:21 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Great to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Knobby748

Knobby748
Welcome Mark! 😊

8Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:24 pm

birdhunter02

birdhunter02
moose97 wrote:Welcome! Where in SE Michigan? I'm up in Traverse City and just got my k100rt from Lakeside Motorsports down in Mecosta about a month ago...
Thanks all for the welcome and info. I'll be needing it. Moose I'm in Dearborn but planning a ride to Higgins lake and beyond this summer. Perhaps we can meet up.

9Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 am

Björn

Björn
Platinum member
Platinum member
As B/W said, you're in for ever. After 2 Yamahas (not mentioning the old MZs in my young ages) I'm on my 3rd Beemer now with no intention to change back again Smile

Welcome along!

10Back to top Go down   New member from S.E. Michigan Empty Re: New member from S.E. Michigan Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 am

moose97

moose97
Silver member
Silver member
birdhunter02 wrote:
moose97 wrote:Welcome! Where in SE Michigan? I'm up in Traverse City and just got my k100rt from Lakeside Motorsports down in Mecosta about a month ago...
Thanks all for the welcome and info. I'll be needing it. Moose I'm in Dearborn but planning a ride to Higgins lake and beyond this summer. Perhaps we can meet up.
I'm sending you a private message.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum