BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fast Idle Lever Empty Fast Idle Lever Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:04 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
I resisted the temptation to head this topic "choke" lever as there are more than a few people who get a tad annoyed with that expression. Very Happy

By accident I managed to modify my lever so that it is completely variable. While removing the handlebars I had to dismantle the fast idle mechanism and of course dropped what I assume is a ball bearing that provides the detent. Could not find it of course and found a similar sized one in a collection of odds and sods we all keep. Seemed to do the trick as the spring was still there and fitted nicely in the little hole it is supposed to recess into but was obviously the wrong shape or size as it became too stiff to close the lever.

On closer inspection the part inside the mechanism providing the detent is not fixed but just "sits there" and is very easily removed and once done provides a fully variable system which from my point of view much more useable.

Regards,

Phil

2Back to top Go down   Fast Idle Lever Empty Re: Fast Idle Lever Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Don't worry about that "choke" bit - it says so clearly on its cap. Fast Idle Lever Icon_twisted

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Fast Idle Lever Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum