BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   fuel pump question from total novice Empty fuel pump question from total novice Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 am

neil p

Hi, i´ve been given a sad longtime standing k100 motorsport and would like to revive it if at all possible.My question to the forum collective wisdom is wether the fuel pump (which was siezed and rusty inside from water ingress and now spins with a 12v supply)actually has petrol inside ? I ask this because on close inspection there is a small hole on the electric motor side of the impeller casing through which i can see the rollers of the pump. Any insights or suggestions appreciated.

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Neil and welcome and yes I believe you will find the fuel flows through the pump itself and supposedly act as a coolant as well.
I must admit I thought it a bit strange but who am I to question the wisdom of engineers? Smile

Regards,

Phil

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/32417964/fca60d54/sharing.html?rnd=60

Go here and there is a good write up re other fuel pumps that can be used efficiently.

I did not write it I hasten to add.
Ajays.

AJAYS

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Neil,
Yes submerging the pump in the fuel is common and ensures that the pump is outside the explosive limits for fuel ignition so worry not even sparks down there are harmless because there is too much fuel around for it to be a problem.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum