BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Touring Tasmania Empty Touring Tasmania Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Touring Tasmania Derby13
Here's a pic of my 1988 K100RT at a little town in Tassie's north east called Derby, an old tin mining town. As they say "Tasmania, be tempted". I like the pic because of the background. Much more resto work done since this pic was taken. I will post others later.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/26/89/85/derby13.jpg

2Back to top Go down   Touring Tasmania Empty Re: Touring Tasmania Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:04 pm

A good little place to ride, that road from Launceston out to St Helens. I did the trip heaps of times with my family in the mid and late '60s, and returned their in late-2007 to rekindle the memories. I was not disappointed. Tassie has some of the finest roads in the Great Southern Land, and almost like they're designed for motorbikes!

Today I am heading the other way on my old K, up North round Cape York, goin' troppo, to sniff the wind, explore the roads, ride into the rain forest, down to the beaches, see what's round the next bend, and maybe leave this Northern New South Wales rainy weather behind for a while. Thanks for the (partial) inspiration.

Thanks for sharing the picture. I'll be down that way after the Phillip Island GP.

3Back to top Go down   Touring Tasmania Empty Re: Touring Tasmania Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Looks great I shall have to get over one day and hire a bike to ride around, it's a great area for scenery.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Touring Tasmania Empty Re: Touring Tasmania Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Yes Tassie's great, but we also like Vic And NSW for touring. Hope to do some in South Aust. next year. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced service to ship a K bike to New Zealand from Melbourne ?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum