BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty Bar mounts Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
H86k100rs , anyone know what barmounts these are? In the parts fiche it shows a different mount with the bolts not countersunk and the mount a different shape. The washers I ordered previously did not fit. Any reason I couldn't use non stock washers here . Are wave washers supposed to flatten at proper torque? . . Also I m guessing my fairing is bent . Something is out of alignment? I read a post somewhere about trying to straighten the fairing mounts anyone have advice on this ?

2Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty Re: Bar mounts Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
Bar mounts  Img_4110

3Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty Re: Bar mounts Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
With the fairing the first thing is to be quite sure the four point mount that holds the main body of the fairing is straight. If you suspect it's bent the easiest way is to get one that has never been involved in a crash. Once you have the main body of the fairing in the correct place you can then make the rest fit that. Fairings can be a real PITA to get straight.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty +1 Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:05 pm

tagaz

tagaz
Silver member
Silver member
RicK G wrote:With the fairing the first thing is to be quite sure the four point mount that holds the main body of the fairing is straight. If you suspect it's bent the easiest way is to get one that has never been involved in a crash. Once you have the main body of the fairing in the correct place you can then make the rest fit that. Fairings can be a real PITA to get straight.
+1
Amen, to that.
Fairings are akin to beautiful women.
When they need adjusting, it must be done with the utmost care.

5Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty Re: Bar mounts Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:12 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Flip2 wrote:Bar mounts  Img_4110

Someone has fitted barbacks. They move your handlebars back(closer to you) and higher.  I have something similar on my K100RS.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Bar mounts  K-dogs10

6Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty Re: Bar mounts Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Flip2 wrote:. . . Also I m guessing my fairing is bent . Something is out of alignment? I read a post somewhere about trying to straighten the fairing mounts anyone have advice on this ?
Maybe it was this post you read, Flip2.
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,9781.0.html

7Back to top Go down   Bar mounts  Empty Re: Bar mounts Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:38 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
tagaz wrote:
RicK G wrote:With the fairing the first thing is to be quite sure the four point mount that holds the main body of the fairing is straight. If you suspect it's bent the easiest way is to get one that has never been involved in a crash. Once you have the main body of the fairing in the correct place you can then make the rest fit that. Fairings can be a real PITA to get straight.
+1
Amen, to that.
Fairings are akin to beautiful women.
When they need adjusting, it must be done with the utmost care.
+2 and also Amen to that.
Nothing much can go wrong with the side fairing mounts apart from just cracking from vibration. The big problem is the front antlers and also the four mounting points in the fairing. The K100 antlers are just pressed metal and a pretty shoddy weld holds them together. They can develop a heat crack along this weld as mine did.
Not only look for a front bracket that hasn't been in a crash but check it for rust and any fine cracks. They won't last long once a crack starts.

The bracket that holds the belly fairing on my K1100RS developed a crack late last year.  About five months and 10k km later it was kaput.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Bar mounts  Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum