BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Clutch-alternative? Empty Clutch-alternative? Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:30 am

ssray

On avrider there was a discussion about touratech ceramic clutches and vw replacments, as the vw clutch is 180mm and appears to have the same spline pattern as a k100 one-but with the added springs which should help with a lot of transmission problems etc, any reason why the have not been used ? should be a lot cheaper than bmw parts aswell?
or have I got it wrong(again)

Cheers
Ray

2Back to top Go down   Clutch-alternative? Empty Re: Clutch-alternative? Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
I suspect it is like anything and until someone is prepared to try and prove one way or the other most of the comments will be negative.

It is probably a more serious undertaking motorcycle wise from a mechanical point of view than the VW the reward may not justify the effort.

3Back to top Go down   Clutch-alternative? Empty Re: Clutch-alternative? Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I am sure Phil is right, clutches on the K don't seem to be a big problem unless they get oil soaked and that is a problem with any dry clutch. Make sure you keep the adjustment and you should be fine with standard.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Clutch-alternative? Empty Re: Clutch-alternative? Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Check out this eBay auction for info on a replacement clutch disc, from New Zealand.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370352477929&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum