BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Fuel Injectors Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:17 pm

Retro Rebuilds

Retro Rebuilds
1990 K75
Seems the fuel injectors aren't working correctly. Bike will start using starting fluid but wont stay running. I took the fuel rail and injectors off to test and the only time fuel sprays is when the starter button is released and only 1 shot. Seems backwards to me.
Any suggestions where to start would be helpful.

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Re: Fuel Injectors Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:47 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
You don't want the injectors to keep spraying fuel until the bike starts and can burn the fuel.

Send them to Mr. Injector while you have them out.

http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/fis/fis.htm

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Re: Fuel Injectors Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:28 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Retro Rebuilds wrote: I took the fuel rail and injectors off to test and the only time fuel sprays is when the starter button is released and only 1 shot.
If the starter relay, fuel injection relay and Hall sensor are operating correctly, when the starter button is pressed the starter cranks, the Hall sensor is energized, the fuel pump is energized, and the injectors should start spraying fuel. If the engine starts, the Hall sensor continues to energize the fuel pump and the injectors when the button is released. If the engine doesn't start, the fuel system shuts down after the button is released. You'll hear the fuel pump run for a second or two then stillness and a sense of longing will likely become oppressive. This is also when repeated unsuccessful attempts to start the engine might lead to howling at the moon.

Start by viewing the various troubleshooting schematics and system descriptions throughout this document from the Tech Pages within the Portal. Systematically troubleshoot step-by-step using the guide. Avoid attempting repair-by-part-replacement unless testing confirms malfunction; however, having the injectors from a neglected engine reconditioned by competent technicians is a good move.

What type of modifications have been done to this moto? What is its history? Please put the moto's model and year in the Signature section of your Profile so it will show up along with every post you make and readers will know what you've got. You'll probably be making a few more posts.  Smile

4Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Re: Fuel Injectors Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:25 pm

cycleman

cycleman
Silver member
Silver member
If the injectors are squirting when you push the starter button, then they are likely working. From what I've read the K75's are a bit more cold blooded than the K100 and need some choke to start.  In lieu of the choke you can also give it a bit of throttle when you are trying to start as all the choke ( so called on these bikes ) does is lift the throttle rail. You could try setting the air screws ( brass screws ) at 1/1/2 turns out from stop, to see if that helps. You'll then need to use some sync gauges to get them right. Leave the screws with the lock nut alone. They are another can of worms that you can get into and takes a bit of work to get them right.

I replaced the injectors in my K100 with a set of reconditioned ones from Mr. Injector. The engine runs much smoother than with the old injectors. It was cheaper for me to just get them than to mess around with getting the old ones reconditioned.  They sell the reconditioned stock Bosch injectors for the K 75/K100 and the prices are reasonable.

5Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Fuel Pump Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:59 pm

Retro Rebuilds

Retro Rebuilds
So I check all the grounds and connections and really didnt see anything wrong. Then it started and ran just fine without issues. Went out the next day and now I dont hear the fuel pump coming on, I tested the connection and no power to the pump, no power at the fuse (second from bottom) when the starter button pressed. I went back through all the ground and connections but nothing. Could this be the Hail Sensor or the FI relay?

6Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Re: Fuel Injectors Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
> no power at the fuse (second from bottom)

Check the fuse with a multimeter. Blade fuses can pop without you being able to see anything visually.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

7Back to top Go down   Fuel Injectors Empty Re: Fuel Injectors Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 am

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
2nd that comment - 

Pull the fuse(s) and properly check

Replace if in doubt with new

They can give inconsistent readings as they age

De Oxit (or contact clean) the connections

GF

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]