BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Transmission transplant checklist? Empty Transmission transplant checklist? Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm

KentM

KentM
I have a donor transmission being delivered in a couple days because my original trans has started slipping out of 2nd under load.

Before installing, I plan to open her up and checking that the grub screw is secure, locking it in place with locktite, if it hasn’t been already. While I’m in there, is there anything else of a similar nature I should be addressing?

Code:
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.” ― FDR

KentM

KentM
Donor transmission arrived two days early. Encouraged to see the splines on the input look really healthy.
Transmission transplant checklist? D22fdf10

Code:
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.” ― FDR

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Low milage donor ? the alloy looks fresh Smile

4Back to top Go down   Transmission transplant checklist? Empty Re: Transmission transplant checklist? Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:28 pm

KentM

KentM
Jamie64 wrote:Low milage donor ? the alloy looks fresh Smile
Low price donor… Pulled from an RT, which I am banking on being treated a little more kindly than my original RS tranny was.
Grub screw has been LockTite-d. Far from an expert, but the inside looked pretty clean to my eye.

Code:

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
It's rare that anything really nasty happens inside a gearbox. Along with the older Moto Guzzis, they're about the simplest and most robust I've seen.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum