BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   oil water pump rebuild Empty oil water pump rebuild Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:39 pm

Chipper

Chipper
This follows on from @SunnyPerth post a few days ago. I am rebuilding my pump. Firstly, which way does the first rubber seal sit. I have assumed and inserted with the raised beveled crown section facing up to the impeller. I inserted the shaft and located the second seal with the blue ringed side facing down. Tapped down gently using the tool. Thinking now, that I have inserted the ceramic seal the wrong way as the very outer lip of the seal is not sitting down hard on the housing and proud 2mm. Depending on this and assuming I get it all the right way eventually, what is the torque for the new impeller style, bolt? cheers Angus.

2Back to top Go down   oil water pump rebuild Empty Re: oil water pump rebuild Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:18 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
If you have a look at this link it should answer your questions.  

largiader.com/articles/waterpump 

Oh, and print out a hard copy, as I have done.  It makes life easier and you can use it for future reference.  I have multiple print outs that I use to supplement the maintenance manuals including significant content from this site.  Having completed a number of waterpump rebuilds I have damaged the odd blue seal so always buy two.  

As we have recently seen the demise of a major K related website, once they are gone they are gone.  Our "Merican friends seem to like the monkey see, monkey do style of instruction. LCD I expect.

3Back to top Go down   oil water pump rebuild Empty Re: oil water pump rebuild Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:45 pm

Chipper

Chipper
Thanks TacKler. That info was gold. Sometimes timidity gets in the way. Thinking all installed correctly now. cheers.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum