Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Next K-Trip Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Dear All,

The New Year is almost upon us. I've started thinking about the next K-Trip.

Is it too early to set a date?

Set a month?

Set a destination?

I think its been generally agreed that us Southerners make the supreme effort to visit our Northern Brothers, as they have certainly made huge efforts to visit us down South.

I'm also under the belief that it might be worthwhile to make it a Friday night session, bit of a guided 600Km tour of SE QLD on the Saturday, and then do something different on Saturday night, like sit around and drink beer and talk K-Bikes.

Location and lodgings need to be sorted, preferably the one place for the two nights.

Its been many years since I've been up that way, and never on a motorcycle.

We need somebody to volunteer as a tour director.

What thinks ye all?

Rickmeister.

2Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Rick I have just the area and ride in mind. Esk is a small town west of Brisvegas and a top starting point for the ride. I am willing to do the tour director and will check things out as soon as I have my K11 on the road (2 weeks).
A good time for it is May as the heat is gone and the humidity on the way down but not cold. Also not much chance of a thunder storm.
There is a top caravan park if it is a camping thing and several Pubs which would also be good and within walking distance.

Alternativly we could stay at 2 different places on the Friday and Saturday.
I will get back with a few suggestions.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:13 am

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Sounds good to me 2000 klm one way Smile depending which route I take dodge roos and cattle or roos and sheep Smile . Next got to work out fuel stops not many golden arches in the middle of no where!! Finally going back to work in 2 days after nearly 3 months off so cash will be an issue for a little while so the later the better .

grr 2000 klm not 200 Embarassed

Last edited by Toto_jp on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

4Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:21 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good to hear toto .....onya mate ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
The Kransky Sisters come from Esk. If you don't know them, just google them.

6Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmmm so many choices for day trips around brissy ....we have to come up nebo (from out of brisbane ),,,over to glorious and its cafe

i wonder if mt mee amd melany might be in the same ride

rick were you thinking perhaps ....esk ..beudesert...canungra ...numinbar valley ,,,m/bar ...moobal ...along the coast to the headland at cabarita ..(like the clubc run ) quick drag up to brissy ...then nebo ?

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:56 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
I'll second the Kransky Sisters are great! Any other weird locals we should be told about in Esk ?

8Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:27 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I would worry about K Freak! He knows the whole area, I wonder how many fingers he has on each of his three hands.

If you come from Esk are you an ESKimo?

9Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:39 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
What a Face

10Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I'm putty in your collective hands! As long as I don't have to make a decision, and I need to be instructed to be a what place at what time. Being of German descent, Kransky sounds great!!

11Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Your comments suggest that you are flexible.

12Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:58 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I'm out of the loop 14th April till 20thApril, but don't let that stop you guys, you just wont have to keep waiting for me. I'll be doing a solo late Feb if not too wet anyway.
Got new back tyre Pirrelli sports demon, looks too fat, I'm hoping it will squeeze in.
RT

13Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good one rt ....youll like the feel of that (the pirelli )

give us a yell before you head up rt ...im sure we could form a little welcome party or meet you on the way somewhere

14Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Im in!!!!!

15Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i am in too
need date to book holidays
dont care when javascript:emoticonp('Laughing')

16Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:19 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Just an idea I had from my GEOCAHING days.(username is albyalbatross&wendy) We had items called travel bugs. This bug would be collected buy a cacher and carried to the next hide, its journey described and logged for all to read.

What if our Overseas counterparts sent us a piece of their bike or a local item or their key rings to come along on the ride.

They could be sent to our southern brothers with their details from their home town, to make the great journey up to QLD and be photographed in any group pics during the course of the few days ride.

Then sent home and pics and details listed on the forum!

17Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
col i think rt was refering to another trip he was planning anyhow .

i guess we better get our heads together over the next couple of weeks and get this thing planned "propper" like .

were going on a ride tommorrow to explore some of the roads we have in mind for the "one day local tour" ride .

for me the roads were heading to are new .

a combination or selection of several sections of longer trips all combined together ...just for our southern brothers to experience .

well thats the plan anyhow .

still to confirm locals and overnight accomodation .

just a heads up

18Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I will start the ball rolling with a sugestion of Friday 11th, Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th May. There are no school holidays that occur in Queensland and I cant find any in the other states either. May 7th is Labour Day in Queensland but any of the other weekends are also available.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

19Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:44 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
sorry didnt mean to jump in at wrong time but would love to be up there for the ride sounds like a good time to had
those dates are good for me
alby
that idea sounds great may be cf might be interested in sending us something after all he setup this forum

20Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm thats not a bad idea alby ...

i wonder if there was some inexpensive assembly maybe something like a second hand switch pad assembly (rt of corse ) ...we could get a (broken) switch, a key, a keyring, a switch blank or four and a bmw roundell type key ring icon thingy and a k100 forum sticker kinda thing .

all sent from the far ends of the forum . to different attendees of the meet who could bring it along on the ride from their home .

we could have a ceremony ..build it together so it looks like a working piece of kit and plant it somewhere on some mountain that we could blog about ? maybe on the one day tour ??? a traffelite type label could also be attached for all that find it . with a link to a thread we could create on the forum ??

queen mary falls perhaps ?

21Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well seeing as nobody has come up with another date I declare that 11th, 12th & 13th May is the weekend. No correspondence will be entered into unless you supply the beer. Next K-Trip 652573
Now I just need to figure out where we will go and what we do. And no rude suggestions. Laughing

22Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oi ! i agree kfreak ....we have heard no grumbling from our southern cousins ,,,at all

a reminder thats friday saturday and sunday ...so best to get the days off leave times organised about now.... possibly thursday and monday as well ?

i was going to suggest meet points for our visitors

3.00pm at warwick ....for our new england north bound travellers which is just under an hour travelling to our destination

the same for the pacific highway travellers ...at the caltex behind burleigh heads ...for then travel through the hills and jungle to canungra ..beaudesert...etc

or alternativly murwillumbar ...for the fantastic numinbar valley ...canungra ...beaudesert ..etc

this way all city traffic will be avoided completely

i would volenteer for this pickup on the pacific highway

thoughts gents !!!!!!

Last edited by charlie99 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

23Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
We are in, but as there is no one coming from the north, we will go straight to wherever in a roundabout ways.

24Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I will be returning from my jaunt to Europe on Friday,4th May. This will give me a few days to get sorted, and possibly leave Maitland on the Wednesday, arrive at the yet to be determined destination on Friday, 11th May.

Bob, again you are welcome to stay at Tenambit on Tuesday night, if it behooves you to do so.

Also need to co-ordinate with Col from Orange, and maybe Keith from Abermain, and any other prospective K-Trippers from down these parts.

Rickmeister

25Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
rick
i am in will need to catch up before hand and organise travel plans
maybe we should organise a weekend meet up before hand(any excuse to go for a ride)
ainsjac , klompy, canberra dave, rickety ric are any of you fellas goin
this is gunna be a fun ride

26Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:28 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I can meet anyone comming up the New England Highway at Stanthorpe and if you want a place to stay on the Thursday then it's first in best dressed for the bed and the rest sleep on the floor.

27Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:38 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
floors get more comfortable with more alcohol
do we need to book rooms where we are going to (not sure where we ending up on friday)

28Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:09 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
All will be revealed in due course but yes you will have to book, I will post here when I know where.

29Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Col, which way for you from Orange? I will be in unless I can't. In other words if something unforeseen happens. I am in Dubbo, so we might go up together. Please no fishnets in public.

30Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac
haven't decided which way or what day yet i am off work from Wednesday before to Tuesday open to all suggestions am i allowed to bring high heels

31Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I am now off work every day, so time is no hassle. We can go up through Tamworth, Glen Innes, to qld border or up to Wee Waa, Moree etc to qld border. The Tamworth way has less trucks and is more scenic.
If you go to Tamworth you can try your high heels boot scooting.

32Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:02 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Apparently the chosen dates are Mothers Day and I have a request to change the ride to another weekend. I don't want to get much futher towards winter as Esk can get very cold for those camping. I personally don't mind a change but I know at least 2 people have booked time off already and may not be able to change that.
I didn't even know it was Mothers Day as I am an orphan with no kids.
Can I have some comments etc. I don't want to have a get together and not have many turn up.

33Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I'm in for that date, me mum's long gone and I won't miss the schmalz that goes along with it.
If my two kids want to make a fuss over their mother, who am I to stand in their way.
R(cynical)T

34Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:24 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
me and nic are in. leave time booked & Mums only a phone call!!

35Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:07 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well no one else has asked for a change so I guess it stays as some have already booked time off work.
So 11th, 12th, & 13 May it is.
ALL Aussie members are invited and I shall release a bit more about the places soon but it is South East Queensland with several crossings of the Great Dividing Range.
For the other members the Great Dividing Range is the mountain range that goes all the way down the East coast and around the south as far as South Australia.

36Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
The Great Dividing Range, or the Eastern Highlands, is Australia's most substantial mountain range and the third longest in the world.[citation needed] The range stretches more than 3,500 km (2,175 mi) from Dauan Island off the northeastern tip of Queensland, running the entire length of the eastern coastline through New South Wales, then into Victoria and turning west, before finally fading into the central plain at the Grampians in western Victoria.

Sorry K just had to correct you Smile

37Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:47 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
As I posted that I thought that as it ended at the Grampians which is a few hundred short of SA then it wouldn't take long for someone to come along and...... Razz

Last edited by K Freak on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

38Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
After I get back from the Karuah River Rally I will be going looking for Pubs at Boonah and Esk for accomodation on the Friday and Saturday nights. Can you copy the list paste it to your post and add your name to is so I have an idea of how many will be comming for the weekend. That way I will know how many woopee cushions to get.

1 K Freak (Rick) and Margaret

39Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:02 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Using a mobile (currently no home internet access) and am a bit of a Luddite so cut n paste is beyond me, however, count me and Liz as in on Saturday night, at least.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

40Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
next aussie get together

second weekend of may (11th ,12th and 13th )

southeast queensland

2 Guest in the House ...and Liz (saturday night )
3 Charlie99

Last edited by charlie99 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

41Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
2 Guest in the House ...and Liz
3 Charlie99
4 Alby & Nicole

42Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
2 Guest in the House ...and Liz
3 Charlie99
4 Alby & Nicole
5 RT (Bob) both nights

43Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
1 K Freak and Margaret
2 Guest in the House...and Liz
3 Charlie99
4 Alby & Nicole
5 RT (Bob) both nights
6 Ainsjac

44Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:21 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Gentlemen i am unable to attend, Have to work. have to put bike back together also. you know these things are really small when they have no wheels or panel work on them. Yes still playing will skite when closer to rego. Keith

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

45Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Sorry good folk, I also must decline the tempting offer of a trip north to spend time with such fine people of the K100 ilk.

Unfotunately I have an annual commitment on this weekend which I must participate in. I was looking forward to giving the K her head as well. Oh well maybe next time.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

46Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:33 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aww.... sad to hear dave .....perhaps seq in may ?

47Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:34 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
K75cster wrote:Sorry Gentlemen i am unable to attend, Have to work. have to put bike back together also. you know these things are really small when they have no wheels or panel work on them. Yes still playing will skite when closer to rego. Keith

hope your comming north in may 75

48Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
charlie99 wrote:aww.... sad to hear dave .....perhaps seq in may ?
Charlie this is about May Next K-Trip 161205

49Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:40 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
doh ! and here was thinking karuah ....ill shout you a beer dave .....erm next time we get together huh ?

thanks for the scon slap kf ...see ya friday ?

50Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:10 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
1 K Freak and Margaret
2 Guest in the House...and Liz
3 Charlie99
4 Alby & Nicole
5 RT (Bob) both nights
6 Ainsjac
7 Rickmeister

Sponsored content