BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

51Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:10 am

Rickmeister

Life time member
Life time member
1 K Freak and Margaret
2 Guest in the House...and Liz
3 Charlie99
4 Alby & Nicole
5 RT (Bob) both nights
6 Ainsjac
7 Rickmeister

52Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
K Freak and Margaret
2 Guest in the House...and Liz
3 Charlie99
4 Alby & Nicole
5 RT (Bob) both nights
6 Ainsjac
7 Rickmeister
8 col

53Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:42 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Decided on the ride for the Saturday. Friday night will be at Boonah which is to the south of the Cunningham Hwy about 80km from Brisbane the Saturday night will be at Esk which is 90km northwest of Brisbane. Both are small towns of about 2000 people and the accomodation is the usual Pub Rooms.
The actual ride on Saturday is around 400k with plenty of time to get the required photos and food.

Accomodation for the ride.
Boonah is at the Australian Hotel Ph 07 5463 1444 The rooms are $70 weather double or single. There is a motel but it is a good walk out of the town centre. There is another pub but the accomodation was not real good. The pub itself isn't that good but they own another pub on the outskirts of town that is a good spot for a drink but it doesn't have any rooms so they said a minibus could probably be arranged.

Esk is at the Grand Hotel in the main street Ph 07 5424 1141. The rooms are either doubles or twins and $35 Single (2 in a twin) or $45 for a double. There is a Caravan Park (trailer park) within reasonable walking distance.

Both serve evening meals and we shall have to arrange our own breakfast but that won't be difficult as both towns cater well for the weekend travellers with bakeries and coffee shops.

I will leave you to book your own accomodation. When you book tell them you are with the BMW group.

We will make arrangements later for meeting the interstate riders on the Friday

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

54Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:50 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks K Freak, looks good to me. Fighting to get the Bund Madchen
back on the road for that.
RT

55Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
at least 2 months bob ...should be a goer by then mate !!!

nice plans and info kf ....good work !!!!!!

56Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks K. You have done a great job.

57Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks K top job

58Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:45 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rick the K Freak.....Do we have to get accommodation for Friday and Saturday nights only? Do we depart on the Sunday?

59Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I have booked room(s) at the Australian and the Grand for the Friday and Saturday night. But...I'm a bit of a free spirit and it may be worth staying on the Sunday night, and taking a few days to leisurely ride home.

My understanding is that the Australian is in the process of changing owners, but the girl assured me that the bookings will be fine. Will ring again in a couple of weeks to confirm.

Ainsjac and Col and other Southerners...we need to co-ordinate plans a bit with RT re: journey north, departure day? route? etc.

Rickmeister.

60Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye! a good and sound idea ulrick..

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

61Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rickmeister, I just booked Esk, but cannot get onto Boonah at the moment. May I suggest meeting at Tamworth on the Friday morning/lunch time. Will that give us enough time to get to Boonah? It is about 3.5 hours for me to get to Tamworth and Col will need about 1.5 on top of that. What are your thoughts Col?

62Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i am off work from wed before till tues after open to ideas
suggest we organise a catch up somewhere sort of central for every one wisos pub a good ride from from here +1.5hrs for you ainsjac bylong not to bad either but i dont know if that is to far for rt

63Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:25 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Do we want to go up on the inland route...New England type way, or up the Pacific? I went up the Pacific from Newcastle a couple of weeks ago to Coffs and found it not too busy, but some idiots on the road.

64Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
there is idiots on all roads
dont care which one travelling during the week is always better than weekends
bob and rick what are your travel plans
is there anyone comming along along from further down south

65Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:22 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Talking to Rick last week thought we might meet up at Mudgee, depended on what Ainsjac was up to. I don't have any pressure timewise so can meet up with you guys where it suits you. I'd rather
inland even though the roads will be rubbish, but willing to change
as long as there are pubs and beers it doesn't really matter to me.
RT

66Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
RT, which day and what time? Where to from Mudgee?

67Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:17 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Lads,

I think we should delete reference to Mudgee. It was only a suggestion, and subsequent perusal of a map revealed that it it completely out of the way for Col and Ainsjac and even my good self.

Tamworth, even Bendemeer, 42Km North of Tamworth (nice pub there!) is the logical stopover.

From there its still quite a longish haul to Boonah. Daresay that the best option would be to hightail it up the New England, as we'll be getting our jollies with our Northern Brothers on the weekend.

Friday noon would allow enough time, but earlier if possible, as the kangaroos are scheduled to come out at about 16:00.

What think ye all?

Rickmeister.;

68Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rickmeister, Midday on Friday at the pub at Bendemeer will be OK for me. What about the others?

69Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:29 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I'll consult the map and see what's required of me, if I don't get a beer by 4 pm, I get ugly. (I can read your collective minds, so don't bother)
RT

70Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
To help meeting up with RT and Col, I aim to reach Tamworth via Dunedoo ( where they were thinking of building a large dunny as a tourist attraction) Coolah, Premer and Werris Creek. This way I avoid the large trucks and B Doubles that travel via the Newell highway.

71Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Next K-Trip Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Col, Ainsjac and RT,

In previous posts, it was decided to meet at Bendmeer on the Friday. It is a long haul for all concerned, and thinking about it...would it be possible for you blokes to get there on Thursday, 10th May, and overnight at the pub at Bendemeer? That would make the Friday's ride more manageable and not as tiring as a single hop to Boonah.

If its not possible, then it would be more convenient to meet at Uralla, just up the road. This would take many Kms out of RT and mine's ride.

When Bob and I rode to Urunga last year, we overnighted at Armidale, which was quite manageable, but well worth it, as the "sore bum" syndrome started to well and truly kick in.

Thoughts??

Rickmeister.

72Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Next K-Trip Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I have a week to play with, so can manage that. I am thinking of doing a solo Putty road trip Rickmeister, meeting you somewhere near the Hunter and carousing a night away on route. Just not keen on the freeway leg up to your place. I understand the half way burger joint is no longer open so I better be sure of my steeds reliability. Unless I can pick up Col and ainsjac en route further inland. It's all a blur and probably playing on your Germanic ordered mind
RT

73Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:02 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
What time in Uralla? Will you be staying Friday night there? Thoughts Col?

74Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:55 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
able to leave thurs if you want
i dont mind when or which way we go as long as i am riding i am happy

75Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:36 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Col, what if you come to Dubbo on Friday morning and we head off to Tamworth/ Bendermeer/Uralla and stay a night with RT and Rick. Tamworth would be the first place where our paths would cross and could be a place to stop and see you boot scooting in those fancy high heeled shoes of yours.
Or if you want to go through another way via Sofala etc and meet me near Dunedoo. Have a think about it.

76Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:04 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
ainjac
iam sending pm

77Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
The stars are aligning. I think Thunderbirds are go.

78Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hope you guys are planning a friday evening arrive at boonah ....we have a great ride planned for saturday ...up hills and twistys .. nice open roads ..over bucking bronko "heifer creek"..up another hill for lunch ...and lots more

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

79Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
charlie99 wrote:hope you guys are planning a friday evening arrive at boonah ....we have a great ride planned for saturday ...up hills and twistys .. nice open roads ..over bucking bronko "heifer creek"..up another hill for lunch ...and lots more

Good point Charlie I missed that. Boonah is the Friday night so plan to be there on Friday some time and Esk is the Saturday night after a 400k ride.
I live at Stanthorpe which is on the New England Highway. I have a spare bed (double if needed) and a large floor, also 3 1/2 acres of land with some bush for a swag to go. Its a first in best dressed and would be a good Thursday night stopover as I am only 2 hours from Boonah and I know the way.

Don't plan to meet up with us on Saturday if you are thinking of staying futher south on Friday because for quite a bit of the ride on Saturday we will be off mobile and will be leaving Boonah at 8.00am on the Saturday.. I will be going to Boonah on Friday.
If you want to ring me PM for my phone No.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

80Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Col and I spoke for some time the other night. At this stage Col and I will met Rick and RT at Uralla on Thursday arvo and we all stay the night there. Friday, off to Boonah to meet the rest of the rascals and follow the locals until Sunday at Esk. Col wants to stop at Tamworth so that he can try to boot scoot in his high heels. If this happens I will have it on my camera.

81Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Next K-Trip Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:37 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
HI all, just starting to really think about this little sore Rs trip.
I'm going to leave here on Wed 9th and ride up Putty road and stay at Denman, hopefully. I'm hoping to meet Herr Rickmeister on Thursday morning somewhere nearby, then we fly to Uralla for Thursday night.
A question about hotels, we are all booking individually ? is that right. I haven't called Boondocks or Eskie yet
myself.
Thanks, and time to put the fairing lowers back on at least where I live.
RT

82Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:44 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I am booked in at Eskimo and Boondocks at where K Freak, sorry, Rick g suggested. Any suggestions for Uralla?

83Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sounds like its all comming together guys .....should be a hoot !!!!

84Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looks like we might have a few locals that may be arriving to boonah for the saturday ride ...

if your a local and havent done rides out that way before ...

there are a couple of ways of getting there ...

1> along the highway to cunninghams gap from the ipswitch motorway take the turnoff left a few killometers short of aratula

Next K-Trip - Page 2 2012-042

2>through beaudesert ...take the fork in the road towards the border (right) and then again right about 400 meters from the main intersection ...this is a great open country road and resurfaced all through the next valley ....turn left at the intersection at the end of that road (about 5 k s from boonah)

well be heading up that hill in the pic above ...right between the two peaks at the end of the range

Next K-Trip - Page 2 Pictur71

Next K-Trip - Page 2 Pictur72

Last edited by charlie99 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

85Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:55 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
So, the Saturday ride starts at 7:00am at Boonah.
Were is the meeting place?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

86Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:10 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
8 am blakey ....pub in the main street ...cant miss it "t" intersection and cafes just down the road

for an 8.15 leave

this will give enough time for campers ...et all to get some breakfast, coffee fix etc

and to get eyes wide open for an awsome day trip

looking forward to meeting our southern cousins and locals once again .....Next K-Trip - Page 2 212902

87Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yep 8.00am it is. There are a couple of cafes and a bakery at Boonah. The meeting place is at the pub or close as the eatery is right there for those who need a early morning fix.
I have accomodation as mentiones earlier at my place and would like to meet up with the southerners at Maccas Stanthorpe on Friday.
There is a Caltex with Maccas and they have 98RON fuel. Word of caution, 100 octane fuel is being sold in Queensland and it is 98 with 10% ethanol so be careful and dont get caught out.
See Ya all there and keep the rubber on the road.

88Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Well, unfortunately it looks as though due to a work scheduling conflict I will not be able to attend the ride and stopover in Boonah on the Friday night, or the Saturday part of the proceedings. One of our employees is taking the BMW TS Safari from Bathurst to the Sunny Coast from the 8th to the 13th and his being away on the Saturday is too much for the poor remaining dears. So I must work.

I might be able to scoot out after 4.30 on the Saturday night towards Esk and share a meal and a coldie or two with you lot, and if that can't happen then Sunday is still open for the remainder of the ride, though.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

89Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:10 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rick G, At last discussion the "southerners" will be in Uralla for Thursday night. How long will it take to get to your neck of the woods?

90Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:39 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Uralla is round 270km so about 3 hrs min, 3.5 with a coffee break and 4 if the border guards are at Wallangarra and want to check your passport.
I could meet you at Stanthorpe around 1pm ish. Its a futher 2 hours to Boonah.

91Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
no one planning to come up the pacific highway ?

just thought to put it out there.........

i would be able to meet folks heading north up that way and guide them through the maze of brissy suburbs and routes

sad to hear gith .....we'll have a beer or two for you on the friday ....and hope to see you saturday arvo ?..

92Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:24 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
I did a reconnaisance mission of the roads round Mt Mee, Petrie, Dayboro, Samford, Mt Glorious, Mt Nebo and Mt Coo-tha today. From Esk, if anyone's interested in some of the very best twisty bits in SE Queensland, the road around the top of Wivenhoe Dam then up Mt Glorious is, well, glorious, as we locals know full well. There's a coupla biker friendly cafés along the way when the top is reached (680 metres/2230 feet) then it's down, down, down some really nice, smooth bendy roads with heaps of good laybys for a view of Brisbane, The Gap, Deception Bay. Then it's a quick left down, down, down again through the rainforest into a wide green valley to Samford, then up to Dayboro and back over twisting and spectacular Mt Mee to Woodford. I think you'll like it. You of near and far may already know of it.

If any souls are considering staying round until Monday morning there's a house available in the relatively rural north Brissy suburb of Narangba (a few stones throws, 20km of lovely backroads, from Woodford) that can accomodate several riders with lotsa sofas, floor space, extra pillows and blankies, a hot shower, a fridge for your cold beer, and a secure garage for the bikes. It is being offered so you can have a relaxing Sunday ride, a meal, a good sleep, then work out how and when to blast home to your various domiciles in the new week.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

93Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Bummer to hear that you have to work!

94Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:48 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a superlative idea gith ...the roads through the forest are awesome .....and many locals idea of "clearing out the problems of the world "

i can accomodate a couple of souls also ....but about an hour south of your location ...if it helps someone make up their mind for the tour ...

95Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
At this stage looks like only going to make the sunday bit. By the time i finih work and stuff on saturday will be too late to go too far.
May as well just get a early fresh start on sunday and try and catch up with everybody wherever it is you'll all be.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Next K-Trip - Page 2 170874

96Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Next K-trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:37 am

Gday all,
I just joined the forum. I won't be able to make this upcoming trip as I will have just returned from a ride down to Newcastle and Sydney. I don't often have a lot of time to get away except for day rides. Anyway....I'm in Guyra if anyone needs a pit stop or a bed on the way north or south. Have a spare room plus a sun room and a double blow up bed plus floor and a fireplace.
Sean.

97Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard sean ...

im sure there will be other oportunuties coming up ....keep an eye on the aussie rides section

we recently had a workshop weekend ... kinda close for the locals round here ..but by no means too far for you to attend such events ...all good bonding and help oportunities with guys of a shared appreciation of the mighty "k" bike ..

wish i had of known of the "pioneer village rally" down at inverell (just last weekend ) with enough advance knowledge before it was on ...oh well maybe next year ..!!

cheers mate ..

98Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:49 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"Have a spare room plus a sun room and a double blow up bed plus floor and a fireplace."

Well. Well. Well.

I know where we're going on next year's K-Trip! Very Happy

Welcome Sean!

99Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
"Have a spare room plus a sun room and a double blow up bed plus floor and a fireplace."

in guyra ...a [email=bl@@dy]bl@@dy[/email] necsesity ...coldest place ive ever been except for the snow ...you must have a steely resolve sean

now get over to the "members introduction" page and give us some more info to your ride ..history and all that stuff .

ive seen a pic of your rig ..but i think there are other folks that have a common interest ..might take a week before you can post a pic here ,,,and you need to make the introduction post before the counter starts clicking down .

cheers

100Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Saxon7 wrote:Gday all,
I just joined the forum. I won't be able to make this upcoming trip as I will have just returned from a ride down to Newcastle and Sydney. I don't often have a lot of time to get away except for day rides. Anyway....I'm in Guyra if anyone needs a pit stop or a bed on the way north or south. Have a spare room plus a sun room and a double blow up bed plus floor and a fireplace.
Sean.
Hi Sean I have a feeling I have seen that outfit. Did you get up to the beardies festival at Glen Innes a couple of years ago.

101Back to top Go down   Next K-Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Next K-Trip Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome!
Guyra is a lovely place and I think its already 10 or 11 degrees today. When its 40C down in Tamworth and they are so miserable they feel compelled to listen to both kinds of music, its only 30 here and I am catching lovely trout by a cool stream. And of course, whenever you jump on your bike in Guyra, you can be assured that ANYWHERE else is warmer....unless you go through Charlotte's pass. Or Blayney.

Rick, I often do rides around here...up to Glen and across to Inverell and home via Bundarra etc, so you've probably seen my bike around the place. Over to Walcha and home via Bendemeer etc.Up to Wallangara for a cup of tea and home again. Its good bike country here...though some of the roads are goat tracks. I broke a fairing mount over easter riding on the Ebor rd.
Sean,.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum