BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Engine cut-out . Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 pm

trikerider81

my k100 rs based trike, just cut-out as if id run out of fuel , i've checked plugs, pressure in fuel rail, power to injectors, but no fuel from injectors .....replaced injectors still a problem ... i may add my components and switches / servers etc have all been re-located as it is a home built disabled adapted trike , and has been on the road trouble free for 17 years .

any help , much appreciated, Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Have a look at the small, four pin connector which, on a stock bike at least, runs up the back side on the right hand of the fuel tank and the multipin connector clips into a plastic clamp on the front of the ECU mount. In it is a yellow wire which controls the fuel pump's operation. Check these four pin-type connections for corrosion, distortion or just plain wornoutness. It can be intermittent too. I got home from a ride once when it went tits up, by using a piece of tinfoil twisted into the connector to make contact, then repaired it in the comfort and safety of my garage. Another idea might be that the fuses are not fully seated into the fuse panel. I don't recall which fuse runs the fuel system. The plastic lens over the fuses might still be clear enough to let read....in German.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

3Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome Trikerider!

The injectors got constant power from the FI relay, when starter button is pressed or engine is running.
The opening is triggered from the injection ECU, on the negative side of the coils.

4Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Guest in the House wrote: In it is a yellow wire which controls the fuel pump's operation. Check these four pin-type connections for corrosion, distortion or just plain wornoutness. It can be intermittent too.

Sorry, GITH...have to arrest you.

The yellow wire is for the level gauge........the green/white is for the fuel pump.

5Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty can i add Tue May 29, 2012 8:14 pm

trikerider81

ermmm i do not have a fuse box..... i'm running a 35amp inline marine fuse protecting electrical circuits with seperate relay fuses on all lights .. and accessories i will check your suggestions in the morning ..thank you ..

will let you know of the outcome .

fuel pump is operating as normal, in fact everything up to the injectors is ok, just no fuel mist exiting them ..but will check in the morning and let you know ...

night night from the highlands of scotland ..

Last edited by trikerider81 on Tue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : further information to fault)

6Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
You're right, Inge. I was having intermittent troubles with my level gauge and recently changed the entire four pin connector....yellow was stuck in my head. Can I get bail?

7Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The wires change colour after they go into the tank the wires on the pump are yellow and Black.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Guest in the House wrote:Can I get bail?
OK, I set the bail to a pint of beer...................................to be paid if we ever meet.

9Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Inge K. wrote:
Guest in the House wrote:Can I get bail?
OK, I set the bail to a pint of beer...................................to be paid if we ever meet.

Mate, we have only schooners here Down Under (about 70% of a pint), one can't get a proper pint (US or Imperial) in OZ anymore. But how's a 'Euro pint' measure up?
Engine cut-out .  502531

10Back to top Go down   Engine cut-out .  Empty Re: Engine cut-out . Wed May 30, 2012 5:49 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
No pints? Maybe not at the pub, but you can at my house.
Wife 'what do you want for father's day?'
Me 'some beer glasses and some beer to go in them'
Wife 'ok. what kind of glasses?'
Me 'schooners'

Fathers Day. Open present. 6 lovelly new beer glasses. Open a beer and pour it into the glass. What's this? The glass is not full? 'you got me pint glasses?' 'did I?'
So now when I have a beer I have to have 2. Can't drink out of a half full glass.
Sometimes they do something right without even knowing it.
rossco

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum