BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bandaid

Which is fine, its a bizarre matt black now, mostly, theres the odd broken bit too, cos the bloody thing fell off the jack it was resting on whilst the back end is on the floor of the garage.

Changing the gearbox from the older version to a newer one, with 21 splines, which it appears, will be good.

Then, only the bolts and the screen and the luggage rack and the service and the wheel change and, and, and, and,.....

maybe next spring the bloody thing will be finished. Still, at least the electrics are all good.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
bandaid wrote:Changing the gearbox from the older version to a newer one, with 21 splines, which it appears, will be good

????? Or was it the FD?

The number of splines was changed from 16 to 20 in the FD end of the driveshaft,
on the gearbox end it have always been 16.

bandaid

yeah, its the FD which has the 21 splines, but since I didnt separate the FD rom the gearbox, it was easier to type it., since thats what I changed.

Still not finished though, when it fell off the jack, it bent the exhaust inwards towards the bike, so, because the header bolts were well rounded, it was, cut off the exhaust at the pipes, then take off the rounded bolts with the new....(dammit) tool, new nuts and washers and use the exhaust system I was going to sell, and, and, and, the tale just escalates.

of course, at the same time, I gt the " Daaaaad, my bike wont start on the button can you look and see...." and apparently its absolutely imperative that Number 3 sons bike is completed by tomorrow morning.

I HATE MOTORBIKES....

well a little bit anyway.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum