BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   battery mount Empty battery mount Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, just got new (85) motor, trans, rear drive, the trans. only has two rubber mounts for the battery plate , the other two are steel plugs. Is this normal for the 85?
edit------ Think first! the steel plugs are whats left of the mounts got them out with cold chisel!

Thanks
Brian

2Back to top Go down   battery mount Empty Re: battery mount Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
The tray is mounted on 4 rubber mounts.
The BMW # is: 61 21 1 233 028

Bert

3Back to top Go down   battery mount Empty Re: battery mount Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
Hi Brian

When I did my rebuild two of the rubber mounts were just sitting on holes in the transmission. They had either rusted (Aluminium?) or had worn through vibration or heavy handidness. I rethreaded the holes using a (easily?) available Helicoil.

In a big box of spares I may have one or two of these mounts. I will look today. Otherwise they sometimes come up on ebay...

I am not sure of the price of a new replacement as recommended by Bert...

Regards

Mal

4Back to top Go down   battery mount Empty Re: battery mount Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:29 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks , I have some rubber mounts, what I saw and reacted to with out thinking , were the the forward mounts , the rubber was gone and just the steel base were in the tran. so I thought there were no mounts, but when I gave it a few seconds thought, was able to get them out with a small cold chisel. The new motor that just recived from Fla. looks good, the splines in the rear drive look brand new, and I will clean it up and be on the road. I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Brian

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum