BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   air filter have i done right Empty air filter have i done right Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 pm

sandman jim

hi.. today was going to change air filter today,, lifted the top 1 inch to have a look at filter as bike has been stood for 8 years the filter was clean as a whistle and felt dry so i left it in .. should i have done this or should i have changed it...regards jim...... air filter have i done right Icon_smile air filter have i done right Icon_smile air filter have i done right Icon_smile

2Back to top Go down   air filter have i done right Empty Re: air filter have i done right Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Well, if you feel comfortable with it it's OK.
I would personally replace it.
If the bike has not been used for 8 years, you should totally empty the gas tank and clean it. You may have condensation or the bottom of the tank may contain water.
After cleaning, replace the gas filter.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   air filter have i done right Empty Re: air filter have i done right Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:37 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Could not more strongly agree with Bert. Clean out the tank, run a can of injector cleaner through a tank full of fuel in the fuel system. BMW car places sell a BMW approved version. Alternatively Redline do a fuel system cleaner S1. Alternatively Techron is a very well respected fuel injector cleaner. Next get in and change all fluids and filters and also clean every terminal on the bike and treat them with DeOxit especially the earth points under the fuel tank.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   air filter have i done right Empty Re: air filter have i done right Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:24 am

sandman jim

K-BIKE wrote:Could not more strongly agree with Bert. Clean out the tank, run a can of injector cleaner through a tank full of fuel in the fuel system. BMW car places sell a BMW approved version. Alternatively Redline do a fuel system cleaner S1. Alternatively Techron is a very well respected fuel injector cleaner. Next get in and change all fluids and filters and also clean every terminal on the bike and treat them with DeOxit especially the earth points under the fuel tank.
Regards,
K-BIKE

hi..thanks for your replies i will change air filter,,i have got all other filters and oils incuding fork oil,,, i will order a new fuel filter today from bmw will i need to order a gasket for the tank.......regards jim air filter have i done right Icon_smile air filter have i done right Icon_smile air filter have i done right Icon_smile

5Back to top Go down   air filter have i done right Empty Re: air filter have i done right Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:02 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
You should remove the gas cap and check the gasket (only 4 screws to remove).
You may not have to replace it.

Bert

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum