BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Hello from Wollongong Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:58 pm

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Greetings: 

Been on and off the site for some time but worked out that i hadn't done the intro which must have been blocking me from replying.

Have just finished the repair of K100RT 1984 (107000kms) which I bought off my father in law and had been off the road for approx 7-8 years. did all the usuals: fluids, some rubbers, and numerous little bits that had me trawling the internet forums, ebay and BMW dealers. Bike is complete and original but some scratches, chips and grime.

Bike is back for inspection for blue slip (hall effect sensor seal leak and throttle cable too tight), RTA and then for a ride.

Also recently bought K1100LT 1993 (ex police bike,... 93000kms) which is not running and missing some parts. Not sure where I am going with this bike...thinking of naked cruiser ... but will not be too precious with it. Am looking for: rear indicator and light assembly, battery holder, side panels and attachments for underside of seat.

Regards

Guy

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:07 pm

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from up the hill in Goulburn. There are some forum members closer to you as well.

Sounds like an excuse for a local get-together sometime when your machine is all legal.

We like pictures here, so seeing what your machine looks like is a plus. Also, add the VINs to your profile so questions, when asked, can be answered correctly for your bike.

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Guy. WelKome to the forum. Sounds like you have a good project there to keep you busy.
Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Hello from Wollongong Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Guy Welcome to our Knuthaus.
Should look up some of the guys (unintended) down that way they're a great bunch.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:50 am

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:08 am

Basic2

Basic2
Platinum member
Platinum member
Welcome from Engadine Guy.

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:24 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Guy might see you around, I'm at Kanahooka (Dapto) if you want to go for a ride or need a hand.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty Re: Hello from Wollongong Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 am

Viper357

Viper357
Silver member
Silver member
G'day from Tassie Hello from Wollongong 177912

I used to live in NSW and I just loved the coast road on the South Coast........ happy days

If ever you are in Tassie send me a email and see if we can catch up for a ride

Cheers
Gary

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Wollongong Empty One of those days Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:36 pm

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Fixed the 2 reasons it failed blue slip: 

oil leak below lower left of timing cover - turned out to be the hall sensor rubber seal had kinked out of place when reinstalling timing cover etc. 

Second reason was revs rising when steering turned to full lock (basically pulling on the cable). took fairing off etc etc and thought I'd fixed it. phoned the garage and organised another visit... quick check of revs and same problem. Unscrewed choke cable and idle screw - no fix... reduced tension in throttle cable (RHS fork) and bike cut out. 
It would not restart (even with throttle and choke) ... battery might be low... alternator brushes?? 

Seat off, battery out and onto bench charger...alternator out and checked brushes - both worn (6mm and 8mm) commutator surface looking well used. 

Had to collect son from friends, closed the garage and the door became jammed shut (must be off track in top RHS... it is old). On return couldn't open it... Am prepared to cut it open with an angle grinder. Wrecking bar and hammer first.

So bike is in bits, battery still on charge, door wont open... and all the beer in the garage.

Thought I'd be rego'd and riding. 
Still... all mechanical problems are finite. As LBJ said of Vietnam..."We will not surrender" 

Just another day tinkering with machinery. It's the "little jobs" that can turn and bite.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum