BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Front fork replacement Empty Front fork replacement Fri May 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Woodro

Woodro
Looking for help if anyone is familiar with any front suspension changes for different model years. My bike is a 1990 K100 RS 16V ABS. I found a front end on ebay from a 1987 K100 RS. My bike is the 16V model with Paralever. Wheels are the 3 spoke version. Front is 17".
Will the forks from a 1987 year fit my bike?
I was changing my fork seals. One came apart easily and the other fork leg and tube are jammed. Can't get them apart. That is why I am shopping for replacement parts.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks !

2Back to top Go down   Front fork replacement Empty Re: Front fork replacement Fri May 05, 2017 3:28 pm

BobT

BobT
Life time member
Life time member
No the 8v forks are different, different diameter, different brake disks, different calipers, different wheels.

3Back to top Go down   Front fork replacement Empty to BobT Fri May 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Woodro

Woodro
BobT wrote:No the 8v forks are different, different diameter, different brake disks, different calipers, different wheels.
Thanks BobT. I suspected there were suspension changes when the 16v models came out. That would be an expensive mistake.

4Back to top Go down   Front fork replacement Empty Re: Front fork replacement Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
K1100 R$ forks should be a direct swap...

5Back to top Go down   Front fork replacement Empty K1100 RS forks Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Woodro

Woodro
Brad-Man wrote:K1100 R$ forks should be a direct swap...
Thanks for that Brad-Man. I was able to pull my fork leg apart after all. A bushing was jammed in the tube making it difficult to separate. I was replacing my fork seals and ran into this problem and finally got everything apart. I was thinking that I might have to replace one of the fork legs.
Thanks again!
Roy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum