BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Aux lighting circuit 87 K100RT Empty Aux lighting circuit 87 K100RT Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:47 pm

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
Stock fog lamp / aux lamp circuit?

On my K100RT there is a BMW factory fog lamp switch (along with three dummy switches) near the ignition key. When I flip the switch, I hear a click like a relay, but I can't seem to find what relay is clicking?

Does anyone know where the wiring is for this circuit? I'd like to hook up some aux lamps and I'd like to use the stock circuit.

Scottie
San Jose CA

2Back to top Go down   Aux lighting circuit 87 K100RT Empty Re: Aux lighting circuit 87 K100RT Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:24 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Two ways to tell which relay is operating use a screwdriver as a stethoscope and operate the switch whilst listening to each relay in turn or you may just find the relay is loose in the box with wires attached I have seen similar bodgy work done by previous owners. Last method just pull the relays out to see which click when pulled that don't when the switch is not operated.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Aux lighting circuit 87 K100RT Empty Thanks, I'll try it! Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:51 am

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
bounce

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum