BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 am

Holmesy

Holmesy
Gday family,

I have recently acquired a 1995 flying brick and look forward to learning as much as possible from everyone on here.
First thing to do is strip the thing back to motor and frame, redo the fork seals and rear shock.
I might put the old girl back together or just run it stripped down. Still undecided what direction I go.

If I do strip it down, I’ll be searching for advise on the wiring and instruments, so any links you already have saved for reference would be lovely, otherwise I’ll be using the search function.

Anyway,
Thanks for reading so far.

Mark

2Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the asylum from the northern realms.
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:21 am

Holmesy

Holmesy
Thanks Mate. How have you found ownership so far?

4Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 am

flea

flea
welcome from fnqld , congrats on your new toy , if the first one like me it will be a learning experience no matter how many bikes you've had

5Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard

have fun with the k

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:58 am

Holmesy

Holmesy
flea wrote:welcome from fnqld , congrats on your new toy , if the first one like me it will be a learning experience no matter how many bikes you've had

Yeah bud its my first Bimmer bike I've had so far. Always been a Jap bike guy, but had a soft spot for the R series. 
No way id be able to afford an R i wanted and the K has sentimental value being my mates old cop bike.

7Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
Hello and herzlich willKommen dabei from the Northern Tablelands in NSW. You'll find the K series to be a robust and reliable motorbicycle, providing much riding pleasure and capable of holding its own in much trendier and lauded company. study 
Sean.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7NNjWO7nHEhMpErSDJ5Hw

8Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Holmesy I've had Austrian, Czechoslovakian, Italian, Japanese, British and one German motorcycle. You couldn't pry me off it with a 10 foot crowbar. If treated right and serviced they are the most ultra reliable and bomb proof bike I've ever owned. They don't suffer sitting around they need to be ridden, most problems come down to sitting around in a shed and lack of maintenance. I've had mine twenty years and I will die with it.
Regards Martin.

9Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from the Northern Hemisphere!  It's safe to say you now own one of the best machines that BMW ever made.

These machines are made to be used to travel long distances.  Why some owners modify them into something uncomfortable to go more than a few miles is beyond comprehension.   

Going through the complete maintenance program on your bike is a great way to get familiar with it.  Once you get into it, you will find that they are fairly straightforward and not terribly difficult to work on.  While the operating system of the bike can be mysterious, many here have extensive experience and stand ready to help.  There is salso a plethora of information here ond at other K bike sites on the interweb.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

10Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:21 am

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
Quick build the wall, there's another Mexican.
Welcome to the Knuthouse from God's Country NSW

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

11Back to top Go down   Gday from downunda  Empty Re: Gday from downunda Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:42 am

Barry in IN

Barry in IN
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome!  Which model did you get?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]