BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty New person from Tasmania Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:38 pm

860steve

860steve
Hi, joined the forum to read a blog post from an old friend.  We always disagreed on bikes... I like/own old ducatis, he has always been a BMW man.... so when we met recently after a long time, he was surprised to see us on a BM.  I see the move to a touring BMW as the natural process of aging....everyone has to grow old, but growing up is optional, so,  I still have the bevel ducatis    Steve

2Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty New persson from Tasmania Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Steve. No such thing as a bad bike. It is just that some are better than others. Lived on Mowbray Launceston many, many many moons ago. Lot of good info on this forum so don't be afraid to ask questions. There is always someone out there with the right answer.

3Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Steve and welkome to the forum,
I had an 860 (GTE) many moons ago and still miss it sometimes. I sold it in 2005 and it eventually ended up with Phil Aynsely. I think he in turn sold it to a Swiss collector for a ridiculous sum.
Anyway enjoy the forum and beware the K pox.
Sean.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7NNjWO7nHEhMpErSDJ5Hw

4Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the asylum from the northern realms.
Regards Martin.

5Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:49 pm

jalex19100

jalex19100
Welcome, Steve!    I had a Ducati Monster Dark, years ago.  Ducati support and parts were horrible, so I abandoned them and eventually picked up an old BMW.  Now I get parts fiche, lots of information and support, and the bike is not bad.

Although, the Ducati was perfect handling.

-Jason

6Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 am

Barry in IN

Barry in IN
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome.

7Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Tasmanian devil!
Welcome from the other side of the world.

Cheers from Germany 

Any pictures ?

8Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Ya welKome to the Knuthaus. I saw 860 and immediately thought bet he's a ducati man.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Welcome from a fellow Taswegian. What a great place to ride. I haven't been back there for any real length of time in more than a coupla years but spent my childhood between Trevallyn, Kingston and Dilston. Dad moved us around a fair bit. The A6 wasn't even put through to Kingston when I lived there and you had to take the Taroona highway past the Shot Tower. I reckon you'll find this forum worthy of a read even if it's a Duke you prefer.

10Back to top Go down   New person from Tasmania Empty Re: New person from Tasmania Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 am

td5

td5
Platinum member
Platinum member
Welcome, hunt around tons to see

2015 / K1300R
2002 / R1100S BCR

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum