BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   I hate it when that happens Empty I hate it when that happens Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:45 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
The K100RT decided that the tail-light and front park light didnt want to work.

Step 1: Check the bulb; nothing visually wrong and the bulb works fine in the other bike.  No prob there.  Just a standard 10W bulb no LED voodoo electronics required.
Step 2: Check the fuses; everything is visually OK, all the connectors are clean.  I Replaced the fuse anyway but still no tail-light
Step 3: Bulb Monitoring Unit;  dig out the spare unit from the parts archive store, lift the tank and replace the BMU.  Same result, still no tail-light

(Yes I am making sure the bike is running and the lights are turned on for every test)

Step 4: Right handlebar switch:  dig the spare switch out of the parts box. pull the tank back out of the way to locate the plug on the loom. Disconnect the switch, connect the spare switch, start the bike, test all the lights.  I still have no tail-light.

By now It's going to get dark soon  so I reconnect the original switch to the loom under the tank and put the tank back into place.  Once everything is back in place I start the bike to put her away in the garage and now the tail light is working.

It works which is good, but I have absolutely no idea what made it happen.

Al

Last edited by AL-58 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

I hate it when that happens K-dogs10

2Back to top Go down   I hate it when that happens Empty Re: I hate it when that happens Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:51 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
AL-58 wrote:The K100RT decided that the tail-light and front park light didn't want to work.
Al
no voodoo...you certain?

3Back to top Go down   I hate it when that happens Empty Re: I hate it when that happens Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:04 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote:
AL-58 wrote:The K100RT decided that the tail-light and front park light didn't want to work.
Al
no voodoo...you certain?
My next step would have been to pull out the Stefan Pachernegg doll and start to jab needles into it Smile.

I might have had to wait till the full moon for it be fully effective though.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

I hate it when that happens K-dogs10

4Back to top Go down   I hate it when that happens Empty Re: I hate it when that happens Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Could be a idea to check the ignition switch, which have a own set of contacts
for the park and tail circuit.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum