BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Turns over then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Foxxys

Foxxys
Ok I've now checked fuel pump, it's fine spark at plugs fuel at injectors. Took all earth wires off and cleaned checked fuses ,removed tank and checked/ cleaned all connectors but still don't start.. just turns over and then you get a bang...? Thinking the hal sensors are shot? Any help greatly appreciated.

2Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Turns over and then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:29 pm

norton71

norton71
Silver member
Silver member
keep your hand at least 12 inches from the throttle when you hit the start button i.e don't twist the throttle at all as fuel injection will just flood the motor resulting in a loud exhaust backfire..not like a carby bike where you twist the throttle to get fuel into the donk to start it..been there done that Very Happy

3Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
As you get spark, I doubt that there is a problem with the hall sensor. (hope that you didn't reverse the connections for the coils Rolling Eyes ).
First, check the connector at the FI computer, then you should check the mass airflow sensor (in the air filter canister).
All values for checking the MAF can be found Here

4Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Foxxys

Foxxys
Cheers, I haven't reversed anything on the coils all I have done is removed the HT leads and cleaned then then put back... Will do airflow tonight. Do me FI Computer a couple of times today but no change
Checked hal sensors open and closed and both 4.95 and 0.02 respectively. Doing my head in, one minute your out riding and the next.... ✊✊✊.

5Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Foxxys wrote:Doing my head in, one minute your out riding and the next.... ✊✊✊.
Did you ever disconnect the anti-theft alarm and rewire the starter relay back to its original configuration? You seem to have three different threads concerning this engine's failure to stay running so its challenging to keep up with diagnosis and treatments. Smile

6Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Foxxys

Foxxys
I only ever disconnected the anti theft alarm, the first time I done this an alarm sounded until I put the ignition on. I then reconnected it after cleaning. I have never rewired the starter relay back to any configuration. ? Can u explain how to do this please ?

7Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Foxxys wrote:I only ever disconnected the anti theft alarm,  the first time I done this an alarm sounded until I put the ignition on. I then reconnected it after cleaning.

If I recall correctly, one of the function of the anti theft is to ground the water temperature sensor which signal the FI computer that the engine is over heating. The result is that the fuel injection is disabled.
Are you sure that you have injection? Did you pull out the FI ramp to check if they spray correctly?

8Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 am

Foxxys

Foxxys
Yes I pulled it and they are spraying thank though...

9Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Are you absolutely, positively, sure you have the plug wires on the right plugs?  You wouldn't be the first to have them crossed.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

10Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 am

Foxxys

Foxxys
Scouts honour😁

11Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:12 am

Foxxys

Foxxys
So here is the alarm disconnected. Which wire connected to which contact of the starter relay by passes the anti theft? Just so I can rule a faulty anti theft out? http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=6767.0

12Back to top Go down   Turns over then backfires Empty Re: Turns over then backfires Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:11 am

Foxxys

Foxxys
Might have found something.. the mass airflow resistance readings
7-5 = 94.5
7-8 = short
8-5= short

Will try and source a replacement...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum