BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100 single seat 84 model query Empty K100 single seat 84 model query Tue 18 Sep 2018, 09:39

TheJoker

TheJoker
Silver member
Silver member
Hello all I've been trying to work this one out on my own. However can't for the life of me work out what causes it.

Basically I've got the police seat with the early tank connection and side frame connection. However the front of the seat keeps lifting up. At the moment it's got a bungee cord across it just to keep it on.

Can get a photo tomorrow if needs be. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem before.

Kind regards
Sam.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Is a part missing from the seat assembly?
K100 single seat 84 model query K100_s10

TheJoker

TheJoker
Silver member
Silver member
Hello nope all the items are there. That's why I'm confused. The front part of the seat just lifts up and doesn't want to stay down.
The only thing I can think of it being is that the bracket that attaches to the frame is worn making it lift.

Kind regards
Sam.

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Unlikely to be worn but it could be bent.
Regards Martin.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
TheJoker wrote: The front part of the seat just lifts up and doesn't want to stay down.
The only thing I can think of it being is that the bracket that attaches to the frame is worn making it lift.
The seat has such a short length I am having difficulty picturing how just the front lifts. How much of the front lifts? I can understand the seat tipping sideways because the latch isn't adjusted correctly, but lifting might indicate the hinges mounts/brackets are faulty, as Martin has mentioned. How about supplying photos of its being lifted and of its hardware?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum