BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Kill switch not killing!!! Empty Kill switch not killing!!! 30/05/19, 02:30 pm

yamarider

yamarider
Got a 1999 K1100 with modified cable tree (ABS removed). When I switch on ignition, I can start engine regardless of kill switch position. I've checked kill switch itself and it is able to break the circuit. So power must come from somewhere else when kill switch is engaged

Any ideas where to look/trouble shoot/fix this problem?

I'm running out of ideas. Please help...

Last edited by yamarider on 30/05/19, 07:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.yamarider.com

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
yamarider wrote:I've checked kill switch and it is working.
Would you please clarify? If the engine can be started regardless of the kill switch's position, then the kill switch does not seem to be working.

Last edited by Laitch on 30/05/19, 08:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

yamarider

yamarider
Yes, engine starts regardless of kill switch position. The switch itself is working as intended ie. breaking the circuit that goes to the kill switch on the right hand side handlebar control unit, however power is still flowing on the circuit, regardless if the kill switch is engaged or not. Hence power must come from somewhere else overriding the intend off the kill switch...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

http://www.yamarider.com

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Lift the fuel tank and check the switch connector block to make sure no-one has jumped the green and green/yellow wires. The othe place this could have been done is in the relay box: load shed relay pin 86 to fuel injection relay pin 86.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum