BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty BMW virgin Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Reddragon52

yes must have had a sheltered life but I've now seen the light and bought a 84 k100 rt with a gen 1200 miles on the clock and kept in a heated garage,As I'm a rare but some would say mad breed that rides through the winter it won't stay mint for long,My other bike is a triumph trophy 1200 (a bit of a heavy monster) originally from Wales but now deported to Ipswich,Must admit you all seem like a decent friendly lot .ps don't you hate bikers that can't be bothered when you wave or nod at them when passing !!!! . :pale:

2Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Reddragon,
Welcome aboard and yes it is disappointing they don't wave back, mostly over here it is HD riders who refuse to wave, most others give you a wave or a big nod.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
welcome to our friendly forum.
Are you talking about these riders with loud pipes and no consideration for others?
Here is my answer Twisted Evil :

BMW virgin Ts001o10

4Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:13 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Reddragon.

Ahh, the great "wave" debate.

Very rarely a Hardly Drivable rider will return a wave...the others, I think, are scared to take their hands of the bars.

I've even had a motorcycle cop wave at me...and no, he wasn't wanting me to pull over (for a change Twisted Evil ).

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I occasionally have cops waving at me too. The problem is that I don't trust tax collectors and I run away!
We won't start a debate of the duties of a police officer here. They are only doing what they have been asked to do by their employer. Sad

6Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:19 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Oh Boy....I am out of my pram RedDragon,

When out on my bikes (one at a time of course) I get many friendly nods and waves......but when I am on my Gilera Fuoco Scooter it was if I wasn't there. Nothing more annoying to me than a rebuff from a wave.
Are you guilty of that?.....many of you are.
Ajays

Well that's off my chest. Evil or Very Mad

AJAYS

7Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:54 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Ajays, I assure you, I wave at the scooter riders.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

8Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:53 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
I wave/ nod at just about everyone, excluding the constabulary, although to be honest getting a wave from a scooter rider is somewhat unusual as many have "L" plates and are hanging on like grim death fiercely determined not to fall off. Very Happy

9Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Reddragon52

Yes I'm afraid I'm guilty as charged of not waving at scooter drivers,lol but as I'm a BMW rider now there may be hope for me I may see the light.

10Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
I was riding my scooter when a biker shot past close and gave me the impression he wanted to make me jump. He did, but my scooter is capable of 90 MPH and was he surprised when I pulled up next to him at the round- about.
No further comment. Ajays

AJAYS

11Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Hiya Reddragon
Another East Angular boi eh?

When I'm slumming it out on the old CX I nod at everyone but on the beemer
I have my nose in the air and refuse to acknowledge anyone not on a similar
high class, posh bike.
I got standards y'know...........................

jus kiddin of course
ahh the old wave nod thing
I generally nod at most other bikes unless Im busy staying alive or keeping the thing going the right way and
would expect other riders to do the same.
I've had nods from Harley riders on occasion and been ignored by other bikers
I think its important not to take it too personally
the moment to you nod may be a time the other rider is concentrating on the bike/road/traffic
they may be on autopilot or wondering what to have for tea.
I've been listening to noises on the bike or checking gauges or the idiot car driver in front
then suddenly, too late to repond, aware of other bikers nodding which made me feel a bit guilty
and ill mannered
I thnk in general the biker community is still pretty friendly but like any other crowd,
will have folk who think they are a cut above.

12Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Reddragon52 wrote:....Must admit you all seem like a decent friendly lot .ps don't you hate bikers that can't be bothered when you wave or nod at them when passing !!!! . :pale:
Hi, welcome to the forum. We accept all even people from that part of the world. Smile

On the subject of wave. I am not bothered if they are rude. I wave in gratitude when a motorist sees me and moves over to let me pass on double whites.

I especially appreciate, and I reciprocate, when people stop or slowdown to check on you... just in case they can help. I had a stupid brain fade, a senior moment, when i ran out of fuel on the Goldwing (broken fuel gauge). Only the younger sports bike guys looked up asked (thumbs up or down) and disappeared in the distance when I give them all ok.

Funny, the next day the glove was on the other hand. A young guy and his girlfriend were out of fuel and I was able to help.

The weekend riders here come a a number of flavours:
    a. middle aged, all new HDs and leathers cruising around and ignoring all... I suspect that they are all executives by day and on the weekend ride their garage queen and could not be bothered,
    b. serious bikegang or wana be gang riders... they are just too cool for waves etc. You know the ones... tattoos and t-shirts, leather vests on a HD.
    c. younger set on crotch rockets etc. who not only wave/nod but are happy to help. I like those guys.

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

13Back to top Go down   BMW virgin Empty Re: BMW virgin Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hello,
Welcome to the board. I always wave when a motorist see's me and gives a little space or waits. I don't wave at scooter riders and its got me thinking I need to work on this little prejudice! Anyway, enjoy the good people on here and the excellent information.

Last edited by Oldgoat on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum