BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Another BMW virgin Empty Another BMW virgin Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:33 am

ganumph

Hi to all I am the owner of an 08 Tuono, Really unfortunate that this bike is not passenger freindly. Wife thinks I bought it on purpose, anyway after much moaning and sarky comments about me going out and enjoying myself with me mates without her I decided to look for something more comfortable and sensible to keep her sweet. So, after quite a bit of searching I have just bought a 1986 K100RT, 40000 miles with 7 owners, It is in fairly good nick from what I can see. I picked it up last week and what an experience riding it back home in the rain was!!! The tyres aren`t up to much and will be changed soon, anyone got any reccomendations? Other than the weight and the ungainly not wanting to go round corners I am quite chuffed. The fairing is marvellous, great wind protection, think i`ll have to get an open face helmet now, it has a cassette player but am limited to listening to johnny cash over and over, is a cd player an option?
Am still polishing and fettling at the mo and looking forward to cruising to sacrboro and whitby etc. Very Happy Very Happy lol!

2Back to top Go down   Another BMW virgin Empty Re: Another BMW virgin Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:30 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
cassette adaptor/mp3 player. Unless you want the 8 track player from my 76 Trans Am?

3Back to top Go down   Another BMW virgin Empty Re: Another BMW virgin Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 pm

ganumph

What a great year, red hot summer in the uk, shawaddy waddy, t rex, mud ,
slade, don`t know if you are familiar with these uk mega stars. Thanks for the suggestion.

4Back to top Go down   Another BMW virgin Empty Re: Another BMW virgin Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:57 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Tyres ?
Now yer askin, its one of 'those' subjects
and comes down to what makes you feel happy with the bike.
I know a couple of guys with Avon Roadriders who like em on their K's
I have and am content with, BT45's but others will no doubt have their own
preferences.

Heavy buggers these K's aint they?
You get used to it though.

cassettes? do they still do cassettes?
I hacked the old tape deck in my van and patched in a cable and jack plug so I can
play my MP3 player through the stereo and it works well too
You can buy those things that look like a cassette with a lead out to your
eyepod nanny type thing but they're crap IMO
CD player?, I wouldnt bother
better off with a sandwich toaster Laughing Razz

5Back to top Go down   Another BMW virgin Empty Re: Another BMW virgin Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 pm

ganumph

Well bugger the cd player etc maybe I`ll just look for a "radio cassette" and fit that, tour the boot sales and look for some ye olde cassettes.
I could do with some info on tyres tho, I know its not a bike to get yer knee down but you need confidence in your tyres to lean her over a bit, i`ve got a BT45 on the front hardly worn and a "road king " ok for russian back roads on the rear, I will replace both in the near future, not too bothered about mileage from the tyres cos I probably wont do that many, probably more on the tuono, Am off to squires tomoz weather permitting.

6Back to top Go down   Another BMW virgin Empty Re: Another BMW virgin Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:06 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
If you are going two up with your wife and wear is not a huge factor I would suggest that you go for a tyre that is optimised for wet weather grip like the Michelin Pilot 2CT or similar.

Don't forget to change every fluid and filter on the bike (except the battery acid) that way you start with everything as it should be out of the factory and any different fluids etc. that you put in later is a conscious decision you have made not one made by one of the seven previous owners who put it in because it was the cheapest they could find.

Anyway great to have you on board and we look forward to hearing a bit more about you and your bikes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum