BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Japae1995

Japae1995
Hi all, 

I'm seeking clarity between the BEP 3.0 and MotoGadget M unit 

Link to BEP 3.0 - https://cafe4racer.eu/en/others/296-marulabs-bep-3.html
Moto gadget M unit - https://www.shop.modernmotorcyclecompany.com.au/products/motogadget-m-unit-basic

I understand the BEP 3.0 can be used to replace the 'lunchbox' on K100 bikes however I'm unsure if the motogadget m unit can do the same.

Do I need to use both? or is one unit better over the other? 

Many thanks in advance! 

James (Sydney) K100 84'

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Just reading through they do appear to do the same things, that is give you an option for connecting other instruments to your bike.
I suspect the Lunchbox is the speedo binnacle.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
the m unit also gives you the option to change handle bar switches with other units etc
and with a bit more spend a neat- led  display for a few things

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Japae1995

Japae1995
charlie99 wrote:the m unit also gives you the option to change handle bar switches with other units etc
and with a bit more spend a neat- led  display for a few things
i see - so when it comes to the units, i can use either one? just looking to purchase one or the other if i dont need to buy both

mjones866

mjones866
I have the BEP installed in my k1100 project and the m-unit blue sitting patiently on my workshop table currently. 

I believe that the BEP eventually won’t be needed if you are going to do such a reworking of the electrics with the m-unit. The BEP was designed as a plug and play option for folks to quickly convert the lunchbox to an aftermarket speedo. I current have the motogadget motoscope pro installed along with the BEP. I think the only necessary functions that the BEP provides is the conversion from the speed sensor signal and the bridging of the alternator so that it charges.

I’m hoping I can eventually dump the BEP but if I need it for the speed sensor conversion it might stick around until I can find a smaller solution. 

But to answer your question directly, no I don’t think you’ll need both BUT the conversion from the speed sensor Signal and changing of the alternator might need to be addressed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum