BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member - BMW K75RT - Project Empty New member - BMW K75RT - Project Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:48 am

SVrielink

SVrielink
Hi all,

First of all, I know some people don't like it when the BMW gets taken apart. So since I'm not here to offend anyone, to them I apologise upfront. 

My name is Selwyn Vrielink, 24, from the Netherlands. Recently joined this forum ‘cause I’m starting with my BMW K75 project soon. First a little history; last year I got the opportunity to buy the bike for a dime (500 eu). After that I stripped the whole thing down did a little work, and rode it for 2 months. Just to see how the state of the motor was. Well I got to say it works like a charm, but looks huge in my opinion. Since I didn’t had much fun riding and looking at it, I started thinking about reconstructing the whole bike. In short what I’m going to do this year, and hope to finish by the end of the summer so I can ride for a month or so:

2020:

New suspension (by Retrorides)
New subframe (by Retrorides)
New 'ass'
Clip-ons
Exhaust
Mirrors
Speedo
Headlight and and flashers
Rearlight with integrated flashers
Relocating start switch, water resevoir
New buddy
Electrical work is to be seen, haven't really figured that one out yet.
New gel battery
Rearsets
Full paintjob

Maybe for this year:
- Airbox upgrade

For 2021 I also set some goals:

USD fork conversion (R6 or GSXR), top yoke with integrated speedo.
Spoked wheels
New tires

Since this is my first build, I hope to find lots of information on this forum.

The image below shows what I’m working towards by the end of summer 2020. Proportions aren’t very good, but it shows in a rough way what it’s going to look like. Color is supposed to be Nardo Grey but didn’t come out very well on the picture.

New member - BMW K75RT - Project Motor10

Cheers,

Selwyn Vrielink

Last edited by SVrielink on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total

2Back to top Go down   New member - BMW K75RT - Project Empty Re: New member - BMW K75RT - Project Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
New member - BMW K75RT - Project 177912 As you say, plenty of information and help here.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

3Back to top Go down   New member - BMW K75RT - Project Empty Re: New member - BMW K75RT - Project Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Selwyn Smile

Modified K's are on FB too; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663768870503517/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum