BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Scouser

Scouser
Thanks for opening the door Moderators. It’s great to be inside. My name is Chris. Having had a K75S in the early 90s and loving it, I bought a 1989 K100RS on return from time living in Australia. That was fantastic but alas, it was stolen and broken. I paid my £50 to the police to get it back but having no space I gave it to a mate to sit in the weather with his K collection for 5 years. At last I found a place to live with space, and meanwhile having bought a 1990 K75RT I brought the old K100 back. That is now nearly stripped in my workshop (just the engine to do. I wish the head bolts were hex) to be rebuilt. Then I want to make an adventure tourer from the K75. I love the bike but can’t get on with the side fairings. I can’t get my legs out in a hurry with a pillion and it dumps water straight onto my boots. So that will change and big miles will be done. I’m really looking forward to talking tech. Thanks for listening.

ERasberg

ERasberg
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Chris ! 
You found the best K-forum there is.

1971 R75/5

Previous
1999 Virago XV125
1981 R65

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to this great forum Chris. Good luck with your build. Where abouts in Australia did you live?.
Cheers from down under
Tom

Scouser

Scouser
Thanks both for the welcome. I lived in Melbourne Tom, in South Yarra. Great place to be. I was born and brought up in Adelaide but have lived most of my life in the UK. Where are you based yourself?

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Chris, Based in Newcastle NSW for many years. Just up the road from Sydney. Quite a few K owners around this way with a meet up happening more often now with Covid on the wane.Enjoy the Forum.
Cheers 
Tom

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Chris Smile

Hoping to see pics of the build Cool

Scouser

Scouser
Thanks Tom and Arina. Yes, I’ll post photos, and there’ll be questions too I’m sure. I’m really looking forward to following the group and seeing the bikes emerge.

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from over the pond Chris  Very pleased to be joining k100-forum 177912

Scouser

Scouser
Thanks Bonzo. THAT pond! Just a short hop on the steam packet. I’ll look for photos of your K100RS.

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Chris,welcome to this Madhouse,Fond memories of the EASTER EGG/BUNNY run over the years,looking forward to your posts cheers

Scouser

Scouser
Thanks Moriati. Yes! The Wirral egg run. I’ve never done it. Must do. First post will be gearbox question I think, on the assumption that T45P socket in the post gets the head bolts out.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum