BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I was talking to Paul  about up coming rides however most now seem to be Kancelled. Laidley swap and Gympie Gold Miners are both gone. Kweensland K Kronies Kamping, Kabin and Kruzing Kurfari Klub. 177381 So if no one can find anything that is still on we need suggestions for the next Kurfari. I'm staring to plan another but suggestions would be welcome. In the meantime what about a day ride.
Regards Martin.

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Jawohl, maybe a day ride out through Kenilworth so Mick can devour a doughnut & come back via the hill at Obi Obi? Pleasant sights out that way

Regards

Dan

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Sounds good. Avail Mon and Wed if after a weekday ride.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Just got a SitRep from the naval division he can get an all day leave pass for Monday or Wednesday in the mini naval cadets holidays which starts this Friday.
Regards Martin.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
At this stage the Imbil Rally hasn't been canned 20/11 to 22/11 camping, I don't know if they have alternative accommodation. Their website is undergoing renovations.
Regards Martin.

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:At this stage the Imbil Rally hasn't been canned 20/11 to 22/11 camping, I don't know if they have alternative accommodation. Their website is undergoing renovations.
Regards Martin.

Not from what I have heard, the club president was up there last weekend making the arrangements, it may how ever be reduced numbers with invites only

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Well that's torn it. Matt how's the work situation are you available for a weekend day ride. Any other  suggestions for an overnighter later in the year by any K Kronies. 
Regards Martin.

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
I'm keen for a day ride tomorrow (Saturday), I don't care where we go as long as it doesn't include Mt. Glorious as it's a disaster zone at the moment, about two crashes a day is happening up there.  I was thinking of going to the "Bikes to a Bar Rally" the other side of Warwick being run by the Ulysses Club.  I got my K100RS 16v (project bike) is going after 2 1/2 years pulling hair out.  I've done about 600km on it so far and keen to do some more.

Last edited by GB777 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry, working this weekend.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Gary I'm not sure until the Honorable Minister for Finance and Recreation gets home. However Paul might be interested after 0900. PM me your number and I'll pass it on.
Regards Martin.

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
We've got a start, Paul is in and maybe Mick.  We are meeting at the servo on roundabout at Samford 10am heading to Kenilworth for lunch.  If there is anyone else interested, be at Samford 10am.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Paul and I went on our ride today.  We left from Samford and rode through Dayboro then a slow trip over Mt. Mee (a lot of Tin Tops sightseeing). Had a bite to eat at Woodford, then head north up Kilcoy-Beerwah Rd. briefly before we took the Bellthorpe Rd.  Its a nice and windy road with spectacular views in a couple of places and it loops back onto Kilcoy-Beerwah Rd.  From there we went through Peachester, then Beerwah and finally Old Gympie Rd.
It was a great ride and no rain.  The RS and LT ran faultlessly as we would expect and the RS "project bike" has now done just over 1,000km.

Kweensland K Kronies Kamping, Kabin and Kruzing Kurfari Klub. Img_5310
Kweensland K Kronies Kamping, Kabin and Kruzing Kurfari Klub. Img_5311

Last edited by GB777 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

13Back to top Go down   Kweensland K Kronies Kamping, Kabin and Kruzing Kurfari Klub. Empty Looks fun Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:14 am

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
GB777,
Thanks for the ride report. I looked it up on google maps and saw Bellthorpe Range Rd., looks like you could spend the day on the state park roads. I sure would have liked to bin along, never bin to the continent.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Great to see guys , project bike gb ?   would love to see some details on that indeed 

that route is a favourite of mine also , with occasionally a meet past peachester down in beerwah with our friend Blakey 

ride well guys

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Charlie, I'll start a new thread with photos and details soon.

Gary

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum