BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Things to do with an RS in boxes Empty Things to do with an RS in boxes on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:53 am

tinyspuds

tinyspuds
Life time member
Life time member
Finally emptied the cardboard boxes of parts into more robust crates and shifted everything into the workshop. Does actually seem to have all the major lumps.

First job is to get the fuel out of the tank. Bike last roadworthy about 4 years ago and no key. So assumed the internals would be tar.

Using Sidecar Paul’s drilled cap solution (I did this previously on the RT as a precaution) revealed all. Couple of litres of stinky fuel but at first glance it all looks pretty clean (must have had preservative). So good start and thanks Paul.

Still not sure what I’m going to do with it, and with so much there a rebuild is tempting. Leaning towards building a rolling chassis for sale with bodywork and keeping the rest for spares. We’ll see.

Still waiting for reg docs from the PO, but given that he carried the block (complete ex gear box) about 30 yards to put it into the shop, I’m not going to hassle him Things to do with an RS in boxes 652573

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum