BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:48 am

RinzelK100

RinzelK100
New member
New member
New to me 92 K100 8148f310

Picked up this beaut over the weekend in Birmingham AL, Drove it 7 hours home to Greenville , SC in 40° weather and it ran flawlessly. Appreciate how well the previous owners took care of it. Only 25,000 miles and excited to take the saddle bags off and upgrade a few things over time (head light, seat, exhaust). Love the K100 cafe mods I’ve seen over the years and happy to have this one. I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions and heard great things about the international community here, cheers!

    

2Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Morning and welcome  cheers

I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to making cafe racers and, erm 'specials' out of Ks, and I say leave that fantastic example alone! You'll never beat its winning combination of comfort, performance, engineering and looks. Plus, lucky owners of good examples like yours need to preserve these iconic, ahead-of-their-time works of art.

That said, they are a dream to work on and modify: simple engineering, plenty of cheap, reliable spares and good interchangeability. So why not rescue a poor example; a 'learner', if you've got space for it. The knowledge you'll get from fixing and maybe modifying it will turn you into a maintenance expert when the blue flagship needs some work  Smile

I have 3 ks, all vastly non standard. One of them came to me back in 1987 - and I yearn for the lovely big showroom silver spaceship that it was at that time (just not the brakes, okay  Shocked)


__________________________________________________
Sometimes I'm not really Suzi Quatro.
    

3Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:47 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
I got an 83 K100RS that had 2 owners and 29,000 miles. It had sat the last 17 years in the second owners boat shed. He did lots of work necessary after sitting up so long and then I finished it.

I do not intend to modify it but have done some cosmetics, like it now has black wheels. Brilliant ones like that and like yours are hard to find. I have some other Ks that are much higher miles so this one is my fun bike.


__________________________________________________
1992 K100LT 0193214 Bertha Blue 101,000 miles
1984 K100RT 0022575 Brutus Baja Red 578 bought 36,000 now 89,150 miles
1997 K1100LT 0188024 Wotan Mystic Red 689 58,645 now 106,950 miles Deceased.
1983 K100RS 0011171 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 40,490 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 42,640 miles.

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500
    

4Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:29 am

AtLarge

AtLarge
active member
active member
Welcome aboard.  That's in awesome condition!


__________________________________________________
1994 K1100RS
Color:  Grease
Mileage:  200,000+
Condition:  Used, well
    

5Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:44 am

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
New to me 92 K100 25650 Intergalactic missile, what a jewel, save it ride it enjoy it Birmingham US!!! Birmingham UK i would have bit his hand off to own it Very Happy Very Happy


__________________________________________________
1984 k100 rs red/black VIN  0004449
    

6Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 am

td5

td5
Platinum member
Platinum member
Welcome to the club that is a very tidy bike, enjoy!


__________________________________________________
New to me 92 K100 K_engi10
1988 / K100RS
2013 / R1200GS
2015 / K1300R
    

7Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:10 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@moriarti wrote:New to me 92 K100 25650 Intergalactic missile, what a jewel, save it ride it enjoy it Birmingham US!!! Birmingham UK i would have bit his hand off to own it Very Happy Very Happy
I didnt have any thoughts on having an RS but often said I am never buying one. I already had 3 Ks. But seeing a really good one and an old number plate just took me. I have only put about 8,000 miles on it in 2 years.


__________________________________________________
1992 K100LT 0193214 Bertha Blue 101,000 miles
1984 K100RT 0022575 Brutus Baja Red 578 bought 36,000 now 89,150 miles
1997 K1100LT 0188024 Wotan Mystic Red 689 58,645 now 106,950 miles Deceased.
1983 K100RS 0011171 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 40,490 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 42,640 miles.

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500
    

8Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 am

RinzelK100

RinzelK100
New member
New member
chris846 wrote:Morning and welcome  cheers

I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to making cafe racers and, erm 'specials' out of Ks, and I say leave that fantastic example alone! You'll never beat its winning combination of comfort, performance, engineering and looks. Plus, lucky owners of good examples like yours need to preserve these iconic, ahead-of-their-time works of art.

That said, they are a dream to work on and modify: simple engineering, plenty of cheap, reliable spares and good interchangeability. So why not rescue a poor example; a 'learner', if you've got space for it. The knowledge you'll get from fixing and maybe modifying it will turn you into a maintenance expert when the blue flagship needs some work  Smile

I have 3 ks, all vastly non standard. One of them came to me back in 1987 - and I yearn for the lovely big showroom silver spaceship that it was at that time (just not the brakes, okay  Shocked)

Don't worry, I'm not intending on taking a sawzall to the frame! Honestly was shocked and didn't believe the pictures at first on how clean it was. Looking to do some bolt on parts and upgrade intake and exhaust but will keep all the original parts around. I've got some long legs and arms so curious what other taller guys/gals are doing to help mitigate the flailing appendages.

    

9Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Wow! That bodywork will fetch top dollar when you chop that bike up.


__________________________________________________
Present:
1994 K75RT
1991 K100RS
1988 K100RS SE

Past:
1994 BMW K75S
1992 BMW K100RS
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175
    

10Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:49 pm

ERasberg

ERasberg
Silver member
Silver member
Wow that is a mint condition specimen RS ! Congrats on the purchase. ABS and 16V if I'm not mistaken.. I bet she runs great !
I'm jealous you're able to ride, though it did sound a bit chilly if you're talking Fahrenheit Wink

Might be worthwhile going over electrical connections with some CRC, especially those under the right side panel as well as the plug inside the speedometer. I don't know about the 92 version but on the older RS it's a well known area of attention.


__________________________________________________
Present
1988 K100 RS SE - VIN# 0146971K100RS - 105,000 km
1998 R1200C
1971 R75/5

Previous
1999 Virago XV125
1981 R65
    

11Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:11 am

Arlina

Arlina
Moderator
Moderator
Welcome Rinzel Smile


__________________________________________________
New to me 92 K100 Eu-log10  K1100RS/LT - R1200RT - R1100RS (RIP) - Cagiva SST 350 Ala Verde - K75LT project - K75 Schurgers - K75S
    

12Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:06 am

RinzelK100

RinzelK100
New member
New member
@ERasberg wrote:Wow that is a mint condition specimen RS ! Congrats on the purchase. ABS and 16V if I'm not mistaken.. I bet she runs great !
I'm jealous you're able to ride, though it did sound a bit chilly if you're talking Fahrenheit Wink

Might be worthwhile going over electrical connections with some CRC, especially those under the right side panel as well as the plug inside the speedometer. I don't know about the 92 version but on the older RS it's a well known area of attention.
Oh yes it was Fahrenheit! I was bundled up like I was snowmobiling through the South to get home while there was still sunlight. I should have put it on a trailer for the 300 miles but couldn't resist driving it back after not having a bike for 10yrs. 

Thanks for the advice, 28yrs is a long time for some of those electrical connections to work.

    

13Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:55 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
New to me 92 K100 Whatsa13
 My son trying it out....he liked it...he has a VFR800 VTec...and an M3 hidden behind him.


__________________________________________________
1992 K100LT 0193214 Bertha Blue 101,000 miles
1984 K100RT 0022575 Brutus Baja Red 578 bought 36,000 now 89,150 miles
1997 K1100LT 0188024 Wotan Mystic Red 689 58,645 now 106,950 miles Deceased.
1983 K100RS 0011171 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 40,490 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 42,640 miles.

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500
    

14Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:04 pm

Dkyranakis

Dkyranakis
active member
active member
@RinzelK100 wrote:[url=https://servimg.com/view/20301478/1]New to me 92 K100 8148f310[/
Picked up this beaut over the weekend in Birmingham AL, Drove it 7 hours home to Greenville , SC in 40° weather and it ran flawlessly. Appreciate how well the previous owners took care of it. Only 25,000 miles and excited to take the saddle bags off and upgrade a few things over time (head light, seat, exhaust). Love the K100 cafe mods I’ve seen over the years and happy to have this one. I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions and heard great things about the international community here, cheers!

My Dad had this bike in the same dark blue which is very rare (he was the original owner). It would have been titled in Delaware. Curious! I have a 1994 K1100RS and a 1996 K1100 RS. Would love to speak with you.

Dkyranakis@gmail.com

    

15Back to top Go down   New to me 92 K100 Empty Re: New to me 92 K100 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:32 pm

Dkyranakis

Dkyranakis
active member
active member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:Wow! That bodywork will fetch top dollar when you chop that bike up.

Don’t chop this bike.🙏🏻

    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum