BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brunodequeiroz

brunodequeiroz
Hi guys, I'm working on this bike and I'm trying to achieve the cleanest look I can, so I was thinking about replacing the relay fuse box for a smaller one, and place a battery case in the same place. Do you think it's doable? what are the concerns and problems I will face doing it so?

Thanks in advance.
PS: I'm new to building so forgive my ignorance.

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
I have previously relocated all the relays etc. from the relay box to the tool tray - under the seat. That allowed me to get rid of the relay box altogether. Tool roll now lives in the seat/tail unit.

I also moved the FI ECU to the seat/tail unit and cut the letter box where it previously lived off the bottom of the tool-tray-now-a-relay-box.

Not a major job, I unwrapped the wiring loom and just extended some wires and shortened some others.

Left a great big gap above the gearbox, which was what I was aiming for. Don't ask me why  scratch

Edit: Found a pic, like I say, dunno what the point was really. Oh, the battery (lead acid) was in that seat hump too - lots of room in there  Wink

Relay fuse box for a cafe racer cleaner look 11710

Another pic, quite liked that bike really, shame about what happened with the tree  Shocked
Relay fuse box for a cafe racer cleaner look 11610

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Tree won, Chris zero.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

brunodequeiroz

brunodequeiroz
@Suzi Q that's exactly the look I'm aiming for, thanks for your explanation!! I'll find some room under my seat and use a small battery in a case box trying to get it aligned with the frame bar, probably I will have to use an lfp battery or some similar low profile battery.

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
The original fuse holder sits inside the former tool tray along with the relays etc. It's easy enough to access - just lift the seat!
I'll post some pics in a couple of days - showing the  'toolbox' and the battery/ECU mounting frame inside the seat unit. It'd all be a lot easier now that LiFe batteries are here.
I really don't recollect the rewiring being much of a job at all.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum