BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

When you've got a genuine Russian tank engine lying around, how can you resist re-purposing it? And really, tanks are so lumbering and oafish, and with the price of fuel nowadays... something a little more sleek and manoeuvrable is obviously called for.
A Winter in Germany need not be boring. Russia10

This giant motorcycle took the team of welders and mechanics at the Harzer Bike Schmiede in Zilly, Germany, almost a year to craft. It is 17'4" (520cm) long, and 7'6" (232cm) tall, and weighs four-and-a-half (4.1 tonnes) tons. 1.8 tons of that is the tank engine itself.
A Winter in Germany need not be boring. Russia11

The Guinness Book of World Records has just confirmed it is the heaviest motorcycle ever (though interestingly, there is no mention of the size dimensions breaking any records.) They are still hoping to obtain a special license to actually drive/ride it on the road.

WayneDW

WayneDW
Silver member
Silver member
wow! Shocked

http://www.fossilapostles.com

Leon

Leon
I never did like those old Cossack outfit's Very Happy

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
A Winter in Germany need not be boring. DSCF0108hereA Winter in Germany need not be boring. DSCF0106 is one that is legally on the road.

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member

Honda CB250 G5 Project finished and a crafty run with this old 'un riding it round the village. Sounds good and rides well....sound of the 70's
I have been reading but not contributed lately.
Cheers all Ajays

bobgass

bobgass
Silver member
Silver member
Ajays,

Well done! Bike sounds great, really purrs along. I do remember the pics you sent of this machine when you got it--a genuine barn find. It really does sound like the 70s, and an awful lot like my first bike, the Honda 360.

It was fun to watch see your beautiful environs, as well. Hope you get many kms (miles?) of enjoyment from it.

Bob

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
A Winter in Germany need not be boring. Cb250a
A Winter in Germany need not be boring. Honda%252520Done

Thanks for comments Bob...bit of fun...miles like US..Pound not Euros.
I spent time in NY...there are some nice spots there...went up as far as West Point....
Cheers Ajays

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

What a nice looking bike, well done Ajay not only does she look good but sounds and runs well, oh and a nice little village too.

BIG D

What a fantastic little burble on a sweet machine, Ajays! Thanks for that. I am reminded of my '76 CB360T as well. Cheers for resurrecting that nice little machine.

You must be just down the lane from the old Vincent factory in Stevenage. I made a pilgrimage to that hallowed site back in late '99. It's a school now, as you likely know, and the headmistress came out when she saw me having a look (probably initially to see that I wasn't having a perve on the schoolkids on the grounds) but when she twigged that I was interested in the commemorative plaque high up on the brick wall showing it to be the site of the revered factory, she took me on a quick tour of the grounds. For me it was fascinating.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Excellent work Ajays! Very tidy!

Looks great and that sound does take me back when I used to "steal" rides and my brother's and sister's Hondas.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
TWB,
I am about 7 miles from the old Vincent factory. A pity you didn't visit Stevenage Museum, there is a 2 seat viewing screen showing the history of Phil Vincent's life. The CD is available from their gift shop called "Chasing Shadows" Drop them a line and they will post one to you. Failing this send me an e-mail to allanjgrant@yahoo.co.uk with your address and I will send you one. John Surtees was an apprentice there and his Dad Jack was my Father's Pal. I didn't like the Vincent frame, many a back injury for the pillion rider. I think they brought out a "C" model that solved this. The Rapide was £412 those days, now look at the price for one. Without Phil's Aussie sidekick the engine would not be what it is.
Cheers and thanks for the comments
Ajays.

AJAYS

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Very nice sound reminds me of riding my old Honda 250 running very smoothly too thanks for posting that.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah top job there Ajays it is just like the 250 my wife had in 76 colour and all.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum