BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Engine barely running Empty Engine barely running Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:56 pm

jjfishing

jjfishing
I was running the bike at idle after about 2 weeks of it sitting and it died. When I started it again it ran very rough and continues to die after about 30 seconds of struggling. When I give it gas it gets worse. The fuel pump and filter are almost new. The injectors were rebuilt in 18 and the plugs are relatively new too. It seems like an issue with gas but I'm not really sure where to start. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to start?

2Back to top Go down   Engine barely running Empty Re: Engine barely running Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:20 pm

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Hi ,you don't say if fast idle (choke) is used or not. So with choke full on start engine allow to run stop without opening throttle, when engine stops remove plugs, Black and wet, Over fuelling Clean and dry under fuelling. AND check for plugs sparking.

3Back to top Go down   Engine barely running Empty Re: Engine barely running Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:26 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
How much had the moto been run before sitting idle for two weeks?

4Back to top Go down   Engine barely running Empty Re: Engine barely running Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:32 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
What has the weather done lately?  Any big temperature changes, wet weather, dampness?  It's not that unusual to have condensation in the tank that gets into the fuel this time of year.  Since I have no idea where Bluffton is, I can't say if there is a chance that is contributing to your problem, but you might want to think about throwing some drygas in the tank and spraying some WD40 on the wiring.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

5Back to top Go down   Engine barely running Empty Re: Engine barely running Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:37 pm

jjfishing

jjfishing
moriarti wrote:Hi ,you don't say if fast idle (choke) is used or not. So with choke full on start engine allow to run stop without opening throttle, when engine stops remove plugs, Black and wet, Over fuelling Clean and dry under fuelling. AND check for plugs sparking. 
Sorry, it is with the choke on. Thanks I wil check that.

6Back to top Go down   Engine barely running Empty Re: Engine barely running Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 pm

jjfishing

jjfishing
Point-Seven-five wrote:What has the weather done lately?  Any big temperature changes, wet weather, dampness?  It's not that unusual to have condensation in the tank that gets into the fuel this time of year.  Since I have no idea where Bluffton is, I can't say if there is a chance that is contributing to your problem, but you might want to think about throwing some drygas in the tank and spraying some WD40 on the wiring.
I'm in South Carolina. I didn't even think about moisture issues. Thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum