BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Different rear exhaust mounts? Empty Different rear exhaust mounts? Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:09 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Hi all, I'm nearly done with the clutch spline lube but I came across a showstopper today. When I bought the bike I was given a new rear exhaust mount that the previous owner had bought but not had time to fit, he replaced nearly everything so it seemed normal. However the new one does not fit, the spacer tubes are too long. Old one on the left, new one on the right in case you couldn't tell..
Different rear exhaust mounts? AavMJsw
Looking on Motorworks there's only one bracket for sale, which I would guess is the same as my new one. Are there different versions of these? Is the old one made to fit? I guess I could fix it with a cut down bolt through the hole if I have to.. Kind of.

There is also the possibility I'm trying to fit it the wrong way up or something but the little nub only makes sense in one direction. It's very strange!

2Back to top Go down   Different rear exhaust mounts? Empty Re: Different rear exhaust mounts? Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:10 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
There are parts that can go there: 

18211454981 - long spacers for no luggage Z racks
18211454982 - short spacers to make room for the luggage Z racks between the peg plate and exhaust can mount

You could use the old one with a bunch of M6 washers to make up for the missing spacer on one side or cut down the new one. (Assuming you have Z racks.)

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down   Different rear exhaust mounts? Empty Re: Different rear exhaust mounts? Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:41 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Many thanks duck!

I do of course have Z rails. It seems Motorworks only have the long one, how strange.. It also seems Moto-Bins only have the long one, even stranger. James Sherlock don't seem to have any at all.

I have the missing spacer from the old one, but the whole thing is in quite poor condition. However if there are no more short ones then I will have to make do. Maybe even grind the new one down to fit..

Looking around the cheapest one on ebay is £30, this is madness. I wish I'd left the old one alone now but I semi destroyed it getting it off because I thought I had a new one. Pretty annoying.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum