BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

acort

acort
Hello all, 

Me again. 
Again thanks for being patient. First K bike build for me. 
I have read through the forums, and I’ve seen people similar with my issue, but unfortunately they are older posts so links / videos have been deleted. 

I have a 1985 BMW K100
I have been rebuilding it, it used to not start 

I have: 
Replaced and tested the fuel pump
Flushed all coolant 
Oil change 
Completely re cleaned the gas tank 
Changed all fuel lines 
Changed vaccum lines
New air filter
All new NGK sparkplugs 

I will paste a link to the video, 
But do you have any guesses to what it could be wrong? 

If I stop feeding it starter fluid through the air box, it dies 
New 93 is in it
Choke has to be on for any sign of life  (if it’s not, it will just tick tick tick tick like you can imagine) 
I can hear the fuel pump fire on when I try starting it, I’ve also measured the voltage via a multimeter to the 2 prongs so I know that it is not the 4 pin connector. 

Now it hasn’t been started in a while. I’ve *tried* the 10cc of motor oil in the spark plugs (although if 10cc really translates to 10ml like it says online I was way too scared to put that much in…) 

Possible that there’s just not enough gas around yet because I replaced everything ? 

Let me know 
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ncA9DqLiAkA?si=SecdyNmB9-XTEMCE

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Rather than starting a second thread about the same topic, this post should have been placed within your other thread Fuel Pump Issues/Wiring/Electric/Etc, acort, where there are several other suggestions for you to try.

acort

acort
Laitch wrote:Rather than starting a second thread about the same topic, this post should have been placed within your other thread Fuel Pump Issues/Wiring/Electric/Etc, acort, where there are several other suggestions for you to try.
Sorry. Will remove this post 

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum