BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:34 am

thai2pro

thai2pro
Hello all!

Owner of two 1992 BMW K100RS 4v. I purchased my first k100 in rough not running condition with the intention of turning it into a cafe racer. It's not quite done yet, I would say I'm about 60% there. I still have the mechanica side winder kit to install, s1000rr forks and a different seat cowl to install.

I then came across a pristine k100 in almost perfect condition. I plan to keep this one stock and in immaculate condition.

EDIT: ah, my pictures aren't uploading.
EDIT2: got it thanks to Laitch.

Hello from Toronto! Img_2015
When I purchased it. It was not running and had been sitting for at least six years. The owner has Parkinson's and couldn't ride anymore, I drove 6 hours to pick it up and the owner was a awesome lady who served in the military a real badass.
Hello from Toronto! Img_2016
Here it is as of summer 2023. Got it running fixed the fuel pump, new spark plugs, had to replace the front brake reservoir, cleaned and rebuilt the injectors. Deleted the abs since the pump is seized and rebuilding it is above my pay grade. Cleaned up the wiring a bit with marulabs lunch box remover. Rear set from power brick, 4to1 and exhaust can from AliExpress, k1200 wheel from eBay, seat cowl from cafe4racer(but I'm changing it). Still have lots to do, but it runs well!
Hello from Toronto! Img_2017
Here's my second exact model and color '92 k100 and my '22 s1000r daily.

Last edited by thai2pro on Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:50 pm

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
hello thai2pro
Hello from Toronto! 177912

'side winder kit' must be a most interesting feature.
Until today, i have only known the AIM- 9 Sidewinder.
Cool
looked up that one by now, thanks

Hello from Toronto! 9438-010

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:56 pm

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
Nice. Another K-anadian. Old stomping grounds pour moi. Belleville, really.

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 pm

thai2pro

thai2pro
bad boy wrote:hello thai2pro
Hello from Toronto! 177912

'side winder kit' must be a most interesting feature.
Until today, i have only known the AIM- 9 Sidewinder.
Cool
looked up that one by now, thanks

From what I understand the Sidewinder kit is the best version available to mimic the retrorides cafe look. I think it has slightly better geometry (for the paralever k100), and it uses spherical bushings. I bought it during black Friday from kpartsholland.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:30 pm

thai2pro

thai2pro
RS Rider wrote:Nice. Another K-anadian. Old stomping grounds pour moi. Belleville, really.

It'll be my old stomping grounds too. Born and raised here, but I'd like to purchase a property and build my dream garage with all my bikes!

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:45 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I'd never heard of a Sidewinder either.

Googled it and found it at Kpartsholland.

What's the point of it and how is it better than a good shock like Wilbers or Ohlins?

(Asking for a friend. Wink )

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 pm

thai2pro

thai2pro
duck wrote:I'd never heard of a Sidewinder either.

Googled it and found it at Kpartsholland.

What's the point of it and how is it better than a good shock like Wilbers or Ohlins?

(Asking for a friend. Wink )

Admittedly it's reported not to be better than a good quality OEM location shock. It's all about aesthetics.

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:12 am

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Hello and welcome! Nice bikes, But I must say I like the stock one best! Enjoy!

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Toronto! Empty Re: Hello from Toronto! Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:19 am

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi,

Hello from Toronto! 177912 to our community!

Bernie

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum