BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   1992 K100RS for sale Empty 1992 K100RS for sale Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:56 am

nytrainer

nytrainer
Hello All,
In 2018 I bought a well-used, but solid 1992 K100RS. It was pretty rough, but running and bodywork was good. After much TLC and some new parts, including fork seals, tires, injectors, plugs and wires, and a Wilber rear shock. all fluids, two friends and I rode from Western new York to Salton sea Beach in Southern California. The bike performed flawlessly. We then flew back East, leaving the bikes in a friends garage.

Two years later I drove out to the Sea and pulled the bike out, put in a new battery and rode around the area during my visit with no issues. I originally planned to leave it there for my use during visits and to eventually ride it back East. Life got in the way and I was not able to get out there on a regular basis.
Fast forward to 2024. After sitting for a few years, my friend, who Winters there, tried to get it going. He discovered that, at least, it needs a fuel pump, a battery and a good going through. He really needs it out of his shop, but I am in New York and, according to my wife, have too many bikes as it is, so I have decided to let it go.

The bike could easily be ressurected or would be a good source of parts. The ABS has not been functional, but brakes work well without it. It is located in Salton Sea Beach, stored in a friend's garage.
My friend Scott has been authorized to make the sale and to accept or reject offers. He is a friendly and knowledgable mechanic and can answer all questions.
It has a clean New york State title that he has in hand. His number is (413) 429-6839. 
Thanks for looking!

2Back to top Go down   1992 K100RS for sale Empty Re: 1992 K100RS for sale Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:11 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
nytrainer wrote:
He really needs it out of his shop, but I am in New York and, according to my wife, have too many bikes as it is, so I have decided to let it go.
It's not very delicate to tell this to your wife the day after St Valentin.

3Back to top Go down   1992 K100RS for sale Empty Re: 1992 K100RS for sale Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:24 pm

nytrainer

nytrainer
jbt wrote:
nytrainer wrote:
He really needs it out of his shop, but I am in New York and, according to my wife, have too many bikes as it is, so I have decided to let it go.  
It's not very delicate to tell this to your wife the day after St Valentin.
She will consider it an additional Valentine!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum