BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Sat 09 Mar 2024, 22:28

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
A late notice get together for a short run to Conondale (back of Maleny) for the 'Z900' clubs rally. Weather was a bit dodgy, so while everyone was packed to camp, if too damp, we would just make a day of it and head for home. 

Gary (on a GS), Martin, Jamie, The Admiral and myself showed for the muster at Dayboro Bakery and we headed off over Mt Mee for the short run to Woodford to pick up the other Jamie and his daughter Penny.

We did the postmans track to the rally site. Road was pretty dry, but lots of wet leaf letter and bits of washout here and there, so a leisurely pace set. Arrived at rally site just after lunch. Good attendance with lots of campers, but tracks muddy and ground soft, raining on and off. As standard for the first day of a rally, I laid my bike down not once, not twice, but 3 times in the mud. First one the side stand sank in when I had parked to pay entry fee "somebodys bike just fell over" turned out to be mine. Then 2 more lay downs with front wheel sliding out in mud slow riding....all very public and commented on of course!! Broke a pannier hinge, so just put it together and strapped it up

A small but good concourse of various bikes, trikes and weird and wonderful camping setups and the usual characters and goodwill all round. Martin and the Admiral headed for home pretty quickly (Martin was having battery isolator problems). The rest of us wandered around, chatted and supervised Gary's tent erection...."your doing it wrong". Gary was the only one who decided to camp the night. Penny and Jamie headed off mid afternoon. After a feed, a listen to the band and a bit of the gymkana, the other Jamie and I headed for home as well, leaving Gary in the care of some responsible adults.

Thanks Gary for organising and the rest of the Krew for another good days riding and companionship.

Hopefully somebody took some pics.

Cheers,
Mick

2Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Re: Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Sun 10 Mar 2024, 06:27

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the review Mick. Salty and I had a good but wet run home until we got past Maleny. It was warm enough not to require putting on the wet weather gear and by the time I got home I was dry. The rally was pretty packed and not much left in the way of flat camping spots and the roads in and out required care and attention, a bit slippery in places. I've ordered another isolation switch but while I'm waiting I might try drilling a small hole in it and blasting it with contact cleaner. Sorry Mick but when I got home I realised that I was carrying a spare set of pannier hinges. As usual great run and company.
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Re: Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Sun 10 Mar 2024, 08:15

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks guys. Was a good good run.

4Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Re: Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Sun 10 Mar 2024, 08:21

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
I always miss the best drops. 

Wondered how you "all weather" K pervs went with the on & off again rain. Alright for the admiral, he's used to captaining a Destroyer in the North Atlantic on U-Boat patrol

Regards

Dan

Dan

5Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Re: Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Sun 10 Mar 2024, 10:17

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
StandardK wrote:I always miss the best drops. 

Wondered how you "all weather" K pervs went with the on & off again rain. Alright for the admiral, he's used to captaining a Destroyer in the North Atlantic on U-Boat patrol

Regards

Dan

Destroyer, you say? 

The way he talks it up, I thought it was at least an aircraft carrier.

6Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Missed it. Sun 10 Mar 2024, 23:22

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
It was unfortunate that my wife was scheduled to work on Campus that day so we were unable to go.  We missed all the fun ???  Sounds like you had a good ride all the same.  Martin suggested that went without her . . . as I explained to him, that wouldn't have gone that well.  

Looking forward to the next ride.

Regards Bruce

7Back to top Go down   Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Empty Re: Conondale Run SEQ K Kluster Mon 25 Mar 2024, 06:07

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Was overcast when we got there, but the sun came out about half way through the gymkhana and other than a brief light shower at about 7pm it was dry. The shower wasn't even enough to put out the small campfire.
We should organise another camping weekend when the dodgy weather clears up, if it ever clears up.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum