BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty A must have accessory. Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:20 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Just the thing for rain storms and only $67.98 Au. A must have accessory. 723598

A must have accessory. Windsc22

2Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:38 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I use Aerotstich gloves that have a thumb wiper built into the seam of the clutch side thumb. It works quite well in misty rain or when fog is thick enough to collect on my shield.

You can also get squeegees that slide onto your finger.
A must have accessory. S-l1600

It drizzles a lot where I live so these things are very useful to me.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:22 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
But Duck it's got two speeds and what happens when your finger gets tired. A must have accessory. 44271

4Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:50 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I'm a lefty. That side never gets tired. Laughing

When it came in the most handy was going over Siskiyou Pass one November with lots of heavy wet snow sticking to my shield. Being able to clear my shield every 25 yards so that I could see where I was going was a godsend.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:16 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I've ridden in snow I don't have to worry about it these days. It's pretty hard to find around QLD. When I raced Go Karts there was a helmet attachment called a Turbo Visor that went over the top of your OE visor. It was circular and pivoted in the centre it had vanes on the rim. As you went forward the air spun up the visor throwing off the rain. I never tried one but I wondered what happened if they got out of balance. I found a piccie of one.

A must have accessory. Turbo_10

6Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:28 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Now you tell me.  I could have used something like that on the foggy ride to Bathurst last Sunday.  

Since you have found it, I expect you shall be buying one and reporting back to us here?  Or are trials ongoing?

7Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:53 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Dave I don't think my neck muscles are strong enough to counteract the to and fro motion. The Missus would have to retention my neck bolts after every ride.  A must have accessory. 44271

8Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:41 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:Dave I don't think my neck muscles are strong enough to counteract the to and fro motion. The Missus would have to retention my neck bolts after every ride.  A must have accessory. 44271

You mean she doesn't already?

9Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:08 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
By all accounts the Turbo Visor was okay if your head was pointed forward but tried to break your neck if you did a shoulder check (gyroscopic precession - it wanted to keep you looking forward). Sometime in the last six months in Classic Bike I read a hilarious description by Dave Croxford about trying one. That, of course, led to a slew of letters from readers who had also tried a Turbo Visor and some of them were equally as funny.

If I'm on a bike with no screen then a slight turn of the head clears most of the rain from my visor. I put an extension on LFB's RS screen which was pretty good at keeping the rain off if I stretched up into the wind blast. LFB now has an RT fairing with an LT screen but hasn't yet been out in the wet stuff. I have a suspicion that the lowest screen position will do the job. 

As MartinW says, snow is no longer a problem.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

10Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:08 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
At the time I did look into a Turbo Visor after a really wet race meeting. I can't remember the price but it was pretty steep so I resorted to a spray on water repellent which worked well enough. Dave the Missus has suggested if I want to go for the wiper I could change to Nylock nuts.

11Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:58 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
MartinW wrote:Dave the Missus has suggested if I want to go for the wiper I could change to Nylock nuts.
Sounds painful!

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

12Back to top Go down   A must have accessory. Empty Re: A must have accessory. Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:08 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:Dave the Missus has suggested if I want to go for the wiper I could change to Nylock nuts.

A smart woman, you have there Martin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum