BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Polishing bits and pieces Empty Polishing bits and pieces Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Krazy_Kev

Winter is coming and as it gets a little cold here (-5) I will not be riding every day and thought that I could use the time to do some cleaning up of the bike, is there any issue with having the brake rotors and calipers professionally polished?

I imagine the fork legs are alloy (under that paint) and if so would like to polish them as well. Issues/suggestions ??

2Back to top Go down   Polishing bits and pieces Empty Re: Polishing bits and pieces Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Krazy_Kev wrote:Winter is coming and as it gets a little cold here (-5) I will not be riding every day and thought that I could use the time to do some cleaning up of the bike, is there any issue with having the brake rotors and calipers professionally polished?

I imagine the fork legs are alloy (under that paint) and if so would like to polish them as well. Issues/suggestions ??

Did you see the picture of the red bike from the MOA?
This is what the bike owner did.
After polishing, it will require a lot of maintenance as the aluminum oxydize and become black.

3Back to top Go down   Polishing bits and pieces Empty Re: Polishing bits and pieces Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Colin Howe

Colin Howe
I polished the fork legs and cases on my K100 18 months ago and they just need polishing with Solvol Autosol or similar every couple of weeks. Well worth it if you like a bit of bling Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum