BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100LT ABS Fault code reading Empty K100LT ABS Fault code reading Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:07 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Afternoon all,

I have now got my bike to my house and am just tackling the ABS fault light, using a 12V LED it is showing 6 or 7 flashes depending on how it is read.... Is it read from the first flash to the last flash, or is the final number where the led stays solid....

2Back to top Go down   K100LT ABS Fault code reading Empty Re: K100LT ABS Fault code reading Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:08 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi twincarb,
Reset the ABS and test again. I personally prefer using an analogue voltmeter to test these because when you test it the meter needle pulses downwards which I find makes it easier to read. Take a look at the following website http://bmwk10075abs1fix.web.fc2.com/

This is the guy who I personally believe is the only guy who really understands the ABS 1 in our bikes. He is an embedded systems engineer who bought a K which had a faulty ABS and opened it up and thought "I can fix this" it took him six months of working weekends to reverse engineer the unit and read the embedded code. He now provides a part time repair service and when mine went faulty I got in contact with him and asked him to repair it.

It cost a fraction of the price of a new one and less than a secondhand working one (which had no guarantee) whereas his repaired one has a guarantee.

I am really pleased with how he fixed mine, he did the work very quickly and it was worth every cent to me especially as my ABS has subsequently saved my bacon on a wet road panic stop caused by a complete bozo pulling out in front of me.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   K100LT ABS Fault code reading Empty Re: K100LT ABS Fault code reading Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
When you read the fault codes you read the dips which means the number of times the led goes out. I got caught and went looking for a faulty relay (code 6) and it was really code 7. You plug the led in and it starts flashing then stops then repeats the code so the first time it goes out is the first dip and then dips up to 6 more times.

4Back to top Go down   K100LT ABS Fault code reading Empty Re: K100LT ABS Fault code reading Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:40 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for your reply's I had found the web page while looking for information on the ABS, and am thinking that if i can't clear the fault... or fault's i would contact him to see if he is able to help.

K Freak, now you say that it makes more sense for the fault to be read on the dips because it is about 12V for a normal output, I am going to have another look at it very shortly... May make up a circuit so the LED flashes on the dip so it reads out the code correctly, that way when reading the fault code it will be very quick and simple Very Happy

K100LT ABS Fault code reading 169042K100LT ABS Fault code reading 169034

5Back to top Go down   K100LT ABS Fault code reading Empty Re: K100LT ABS Fault code reading Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Ok,

has anyone got any ideas how many ABS faults are stored on the bike? I have done the reset lots and lots and lots and lots of times, I am pretty certain that i am working my way through a whole batch of them cause the fault code changes! and it makes sense to me that the bike is able to store them in order of them appearing.

K100LT ABS Fault code reading 169042K100LT ABS Fault code reading 169034

6Back to top Go down   K100LT ABS Fault code reading Empty Re: K100LT ABS Fault code reading Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
twincarb, have a look here.

Zip down the page and look for ABS.

Some stuff may prove helpful.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum