BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Stop lights LEDs Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:23 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
One of the rider at our last gathering in NB, had installed a set of P3 LED stop lights. These lights are so good to the point that few of my friends had already ordered a set. Yesterday, Crazy Frog #2(my twin) received his set and installed them on his K100.

You can read about it here. (They have few interesting features)
Here is a very short video in 4 way flashers mode.

2Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:32 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Wow that's good. I'd like to bet though that that mode will be illegal in the the nanny states of Australia.
RT

3Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:56 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Very attention getting. I agree with RT; these might not be legal in parts of Canada as well. I'm certain that the Ontario Highway Traffic Act forbids strobes or flashing lights unless it is an emergency vehicle. Although some mods are illegal, the police here in Ontario turn a blind eye if the mod increases the safety of the bike. For example, I have PIAA DRLs on my bike and they are illegal yet I have never been stopped.

4Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 am

Yep, 'flashing' lights (incandescent or LED) on of any sort on a non-authority vehicles are illegal in all the states and the territory of OZ. I was using a pulsing brake light on one of my Airheads and a friendly copper pulled me up in Victoria three, four years ago and 'requested' I stop the flash when I hit the brake lights. Fortunately there's a switch inside that allows you to set the brake light pulse from slow to medium to fast to just plain on. I whipped out the Phillips head and took off the lens to access the miniature switch on the circuit board which you needed a magnifying glass to see. Powerful lights they are.

The maker was a Canadian firm from Vancouver Island (now defunct) called Brake! LED. They was good stuff, sold heaps of 'em, but they were legal in most provinces of Canada and almost all US states at the time (four years ago).

Here's their packaging:
Stop lights LEDs Brake10

5Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, I'm luving all this info on the LED's. Thanks for posting the vid CF!

OG

6Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I am struggling to see where there would be a problem with the traffic cops because the LED's in the video are only flashing like that when the four way emergency flashers are working anyway.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:57 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Personally I don't see a problem either but the Numptys that are in charge say NO FLASHING LIGHTS WHILE YOU ARE MOVING and no excuses they will do you for it.
Considering that the goon who signs off on the regulations for motorcycles in queensland does not have a motorcycle licence, can't ride one and makes no bones about his negative thoughts on them. He is in my opinion an idiot.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thats a well informed opinion k freak
its a pity the boffins in charge dont have one

9Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Life time member
Life time member
K Freak wrote: He is in my opinion an idiot.
why dont ya tell us what you really think Stop lights LEDs 44271

Sez even more about the idiots who appointed him!
88KE

Last edited by 88KE on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz I cant type!)

10Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day All,seems like flashing lights are illegal everywhere in the land of Oz EXCEPT on pushbikes..... just a thought:?: Cheers Tom

11Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Here is a new one.
A friend just ordered them and gave me the website link...

something new everyday.. Check this

12Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I have in the past ordered quite a few LED lights from those guys but some of the quality has been highly variable especially their festoon lamps many of which have had dry joints develop.
Regards,
K-BIKE

13Back to top Go down   Stop lights LEDs Empty Re: Stop lights LEDs Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Lvog57

The P3 has three different programming modes for the emergency flasher :
- medium repeating flash
- rapid repeating flash
- quad flash (like on the video)

to activate the emergency flasher, turn on the ignition and activate the brake a specific number of times, (depending the selected mode) within 5 secondes. Same for the brake light programming, there is three different mode :
- no modulation
- brake light modulate 4 times
- brake light modulate 4 time rapidly then 4 times slowly (my choice)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum