BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:16 pm

martindavid

I am looking to either repair or find a second hand box and shaft. All my bearings are worn. The splines and bevel gears are ok but the uj is worn. Thought I would just replace the bearings but I was advised to try and get second hand parts. Had one quote for second hand at about £300. But would have thought the bearings and seals would be cheaper option. Is it possible to fit new bushes in uj or is that a replacement shaft. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:20 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
One thought is to review the bearing crossover list in the download section. I needed front wheel bearings, $30 ea from BMW, $7 each from FAG. It may be worth seeing what the aftermarket bearings are selling for before you write off the box.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

3Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:47 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yes i agree club c ......motor bins arent too bad ....but better price could be got locally from your bearing suppliers ..

might be worth a look on the real oem parts fische for sizes

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Check this bloke's bearing cross references too. I've never been let down by a bad x-ref on his site:

http://www.largiader.com/parts/crossref.html

5Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Nice!!

6Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Yup, a good'un.

7Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Bert should put that in the downloads section or sumpthin... never find it again when we need it

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

8Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:31 pm

martindavid

Thanks for the replies. Everybody mentions the download section but I dont see it anywhere. is it hidden to new subscribers or can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

9Back to top Go down   bevel box and drive shaft Empty Re: bevel box and drive shaft Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
you need to make a post in the introductions section martin

there are a few requirements before the magic links pages become visible ...i think its explained in the stickies

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum