BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty bmw k100 in oz land!!! Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:19 am

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi everyone

i am the owner of a 1984 bmw k100 which i purchsed approximately six years ago. cosmetically not so good but the mechanics seem to be ok. starts first time every time..its a bmw after all...and i am currently thinking about restoring it.

ive been riding for approximately ten years in all sorts of weather and find it relaxing to go for aa ride on my trusty k100.

the gearbox foot lever gave way recently and i am currently stripping the bike to get to the gearbox. the alternator is giving me all sorts of problems...the bolts are stuck tight and im thinking perhaps i should do a full restoration.

ive been reading this website for the past four years and i feel like i know you guys.especially bert....your encyclopaedic knowledge of the k bike is awesome and i have found the information in this website highly informative.

i've posted quite a few topics on this website and found the downloads section useful. unfortunately i can no longer access the downloads section.

anyway, keep up the good work bert and look forward to many more years of reading these posts.

The k bike is awesome and almost indestructable..and after all these years still gives those hoons in their hotted up cars a run for their money..Laughing Laughing ..some people simply don't understand the concept of power to weight ratio...

cheers

gabriel

2Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Cheers, Gabe. The rusted and dented, steel-wheeled Commodore with P plates, a hole in the muffler, big speakers thumping away in the back and a pile of teenagers inside just doesn't cut it against the Mighty K in impromptu stoplight drags!

You need to obtain a password from the Crazed Froggie to access the downloads. It's been like that for almost a year now, I reckon. I have not looked there recently but have read of others having difficulty getting the inside goods. I'll have to give it a squiz. Go to the Home section and under downloads, go to download page and password. You obviously meet the requirements so CF will send you a password if you IM him. Perhaps others can enlighten you on the subject with their experience.

3Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:11 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Gabriel,

Welcome to the forum mate.

BIG D

4Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Gabriel
which part of this desert country are you riding in? we are always looking for our nearest neighbours to play with.
RT

5Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:47 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Gabriel,
Great to have another neighbor in the West Island to join the merry crew.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:13 pm

I wonder how many non-Australasian members will twig to your
oh-so-subtle joke, K Bike!?
bmw k100 in oz land!!! 44271

7Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:35 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
love it k-bike ...good laugh !!!

gabriel ......i have a tecknique that really wipes the smile off their faces ....but does give them hope and enchorougement .....um for a while ...(im good like that ....grin )

so heres the charlie version ....eye them suckers off .....you know ...

take off in first ...not fast mate ....go to 2 and a half then second ...to about 2 and a half again ...they should be right by your side and hammering by then ... dont let hem fall behind .... at about 20-40 kph ....go to third ......give them the sideways look...... then open the throttle hard ......and take her to 6 ...... if you watch in the rear view ....you usually see the bonet dip quite markedly ....(im sure i saw one of them young hoons jaw drop onetime and a omg ) the old staintune exhaust really pounds out a good note when doing this and really adds a touch of class ....giggle

just make sure mr plod isnt parked in the side street waiting for ya

8Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:53 pm

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
hi guys

unfortunately the bike isnt't going anywhere in a hurry...the gearbox is out and the clutch is next...

I am in the western suburbs of melbourne...altona and i'm always looking for an excuse to go for a ride..

anyway..i have the problem of the faulty gearbox to deal with..has anyone opened up one of these things?

there's a bike shop in ringwood melbourne which quoted me upwards of $200 aus to repair the gearbox...any suggestions...

sorry for the late response....i spend so much time reading the posts I forget to post a reply!!

cheers

9Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:16 am

gabriel wrote:hi guys

unfortunately the bike isnt't going anywhere in a hurry...the gearbox is out and the clutch is next...

I am in the western suburbs of melbourne...altona and i'm always looking for an excuse to go for a ride..

anyway..i have the problem of the faulty gearbox to deal with..has anyone opened up one of these things?

there's a bike shop in ringwood melbourne which quoted me upwards of $200 aus to repair the gearbox...any suggestions...

sorry for the late response....i spend so much time reading the posts I forget to post a reply!!

cheers

Hello mate,

Nice to meet someone else out here in the wild, woolly western suburbs.

As far as mechanical work on the gear box goes, I'd recommend K&R over in Cheltenham. I know they're a distance from Altona, but their rates are very good and Phil's work is excellent.

Alex.

P.S. I'm having my engine, gearbox and final drive restored to better than factory by Phil as we speak!

10Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:56 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Hi gabriel.

Another Aussie...yeah!!!

Don't forget us down here in the South Island, the weather may be cool but the roads are amazing.

All the best with the restoration, $200 for a gearbox rebuild, I'd pay it just to save the hassle of the unknown.

Regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723
K100 RT 1984 into Custom Single seat.  #0024503

11Back to top Go down   bmw k100 in oz land!!! Empty Re: bmw k100 in oz land!!! Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:54 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
true that bushy !!!....gears and tollerances are a special field of wisdom....one that i could try but never master ,,,bows to the gear gods !!!!!!

i wonder if his nick name ..is yoda !!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum