BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Just a great ride Empty Just a great ride Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
I had the 85 K100RT out for a ride yesterday. On the way home I began to climb the Blue Mountain (a long up grade of about 4 miles). I decided to let K run a bit and cranked it on some. After a while I thought she was not pulling as well as she had been. Then looking at the speedo she was passing the 100MPH and happily continue to climb. I love my Kaye. These K bikes are just amazing.

2Back to top Go down   Just a great ride Empty Re: Just a great ride Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:43 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I'm not a speed freak (well, not as bad as I was), but I do like to ride mine really fast every now and then. What a buzz!
Yes, they are great machines.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Just a great ride Empty Re: Just a great ride Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:38 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wow richard ....go go go

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Just a great ride Empty Re: Just a great ride Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 am

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
Sounds like a potential blue light special to me....or are they red and blue in PA?

5Back to top Go down   Just a great ride Empty Re: Just a great ride Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:39 pm

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
it's doing the same to me, some silly speeds, gotto learn to enjoy the view, i'm sure if ever the blue light brigade came around they would want to know what a fat old bugger is doing speeds like that for.
the beds are hard,food is crap, inmate may take a shine to you - so why the hell do it?

6Back to top Go down   Just a great ride Empty Re: Just a great ride Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
ungaas wrote: i'm sure if ever the blue light brigade came around they would want to know what a fat old bugger is doing speeds like that for.
?

They might not believe what they see - and just let it go. Problem is that they cannot see the fub behind the proper riding gear. Used to be that driving a somewhat dirty grey Volvo station car in the US, you got ignored by the fuzz. The vehicle signalled youngish mother with kids and Labrador on board on the way to shopping etc., so got ignored. Never mind that the early Volvo 850 Wagons went like stink Very Happy - buit not like a brick, though. Always surprises me that a benign passing of a car on the K results in a terminal velocity well over the "prudent" when you pull back into the lane.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum